Global Brand Communications Director
Paula’s Choice is Your Right Choice!
Paula’s Choice is a leading multinational skincare brand with over 28 years in the industry! Our mission is to empower people around the world with the knowledge and products they need to achieve their own definition of beauty. We’re looking for passionate and talented people to join our team as we continue to revolutionize the beauty industry.
Paula’s Choice is committed to diversity! Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We hope you agree. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering people to achieve their own definition of beautiful, Paula’s Choice could be a wonderful fit for you.
What we offer you*:
- A robust benefits package including health, vision, dental, retirement and more
- Flexible spending account, Employee assistance program
- Fitness perks, meditation app membership, and more
- Product samples and discounts
- Generous PTO
- Most roles are fully remote (roles that are required to be at our Seattle HQ can be found in the details section of this job post)
- Great location for roles that are hybrid or fully onsite, we’re in the heart of Seattle’s beautiful International District
- Did we mention we’re a dog-friendly office?
*Please note these benefits are only available to full-time Paula’s Choice employees.
In addition to our core benefits outlined above, here’s some additional reasons you should consider a career at Paula’s Choice:
- We’re committed to innovation we’re constantly developing new and innovative products that are based on the latest scientific research.
- We’re customer centric we believe that our customers deserve the best possible products and services.
- We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace we value diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our business and have committed to learning along the way. We believe that our employees’ unique perspectives and experiences make us a stronger company.
- We’re passionate about making a difference we believe that beauty is more than just skin deep. We’re committed to using our platform to share research, education, and skin positivity.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real difference, join Paula’s Choice today! We’re looking for talented and passionate individuals to help us change the world one face at a time.
How you’ll have an impact at Paula’s Choice:
The Director of Global Brand Communications will shape and execute a comprehensive go-to-market strategy for new product launches and core products. This role is pivotal in increasing brand awareness, reinforcing brand equity, fostering an always-on buzz, and driving brand ownership of content and education. Join us in redefining the beauty narrative on a global scale.
As Director of Global Brand Communications, a typical day might include a mix of the following:
- Lead the conceptualization, development, and execution of global marketing campaigns to support global product launches, core franchises and brand activations.
- Support core franchises with key markets on more localized opportunities to reinforce awareness and equity.
- Lead the creation of global playbooks to ensure consistency and excellence in execution.
- Lead strategy and development of global experiences that drive brand equity and deliver ROI
- Establish strategic partnerships and collaborations and develop word-of-mouth opportunities.
- Oversee the brand’s sustainability messaging and cross-channel communications.
Content and Education
- Partner with the CMO to scale Paula’s Choice education platform to establish leadership position in the industry.
- Manage content and education team of three people.
- Lead North America and global PR effort to increase awareness and build brand relevance.
- Corporate Communications: Drive Paula’s Choice Brand Communications strategy, positioning the brand as a leading innovator in the skincare industry.
- Issue Management: Support Crisis/Issue Management for all Paula’s Choice brand touchpoints, addressing consumer sensitivity issues, product testing, safety concerns, and talent/influencer communications.
- Location: Fully remote within the US
- Hours: Typical business hours with flexibility required as business needs dictate
- Physical requirements: Ability to handle long periods of both sitting and screen time
- Travel requirements: Seattle HQ visits once a quarter and business travel as needed.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Deep passion for beauty, storytelling, influencers, and pop culture, in addition to extensive knowledge of marketing trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with the ability to develop and implement integrated communication strategies that align with business objectives and brand identity.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively, bringing fresh and unique perspectives to communication campaigns.
- Portfolio showcasing successful creative campaigns and projects.
- Ability to manage plans and budgets.
- Experience in managing/working with agencies and contractors.
- Must have the ability to understand international marketplace including trends and cultural behaviors. Understanding of global cosmetics and beauty landscape and competitor sets.
- Ability to swiftly identify upcoming trends and drive innovation targeted at organic member growth.
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams with a passion for mentoring and developing talent.
- Brand and community builder with expertise in brand strategy and management.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A minimum of 12+ years of work experience leading comms strategy in-house for a growing organization.
- Proven track record creating compelling communications campaigns across traditional, digital, and social media that drive strong business results.
Approximate Salary Range Based on Experience and Location:
$165,000 – $185,000 USD/annually
Paula’s Choice Skincare determines the pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. We evaluate external and internal equity and the cost of labor/prevailing wage index in the relative marketplace for jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company. Our posted salary range is based on national data and may be refined for a candidate’s region/town/cost of living.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. The exact base salary is determined by various factors including experience, skills, education, geographic location, and budget. This position is also eligible for participation in the company discretionary bonus plan.
Paula’s Choice Skincare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other classification protected by Federal, State or Local law.
We are committed to create a workplace that is inclusive of all. Where everyone feels empowered to bring their full authentic self to work. Where embracing cultural differences, accepting others without bias, and antiracism are reflexes, not an initiative.
At any time, with or without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is intended for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Privacy Notice.