Executive Assistant, Products
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US
The Executive Assistant, Products is responsible for providing advanced and dedicated executive support for the Chief Products Officer and Chief of Staff. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills, and meticulous attention to details. The Executive Assistant, Products is responsible for managing calendars, making travel arrangements, preparing communications, coordinating meeting logistics and materials, managing information flow in a timely manner.
- Managing the calendars (CPO primary) including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Coordinates air travel, accommodations, and logistics for complex domestic and international travel, as well as completes and tracks expense reports.
- Communicates with CPO, Chief of Staff, partners, members, customers, and others on a variety of matters; resolves many issues on own initiative and communicates timely issues of importance requiring executive attention.
- Manage Product Function Town Hall meetings including speakers, planning logistics, communication, etc.
- Coordinate onsite and offsite meetings for the team on a regular basis.
- Prepares detailed and accurate expense reports.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times. Performs other administrative and support duties as required.
- Support Product Function operational activities including program planning coordination, data collection, meeting development, and special projects as assigned.
What you will need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a C-level executive assistant
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Tools, online collaboration tools, global/cross-time zone scheduling and virtual meeting software.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and anticipate needs; Ability to problem solve and to work effectively when parameters are not well defined.
- Ability to occasionally travel to industry events & conferences including HIMSS Global Conference (annually) in support of CEO.
Why we love HIMSS, and why you will, too:
- Diverse, collaborative, and winning team environment.
- Flexible working arrangements, opportunity to work hybrid.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- Wellbeing programs to support all of your emotional, physical, and financial needs
- Emphasis on continuous learning and development.
Are you a Changemaker?
Together, we’ll do amazing things for healthcare.
HIMSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Vets/Disabled