Executive Assistant – Chief Growth Officer
ECOSYSTEM – OPERATIONS
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As Executive Assistant to the Chief Growth Officer (CGO), you will be the key point of contact for stakeholders of the CGO by providing exceptional support to this busy senior leader.
You will need to exercise a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and initiative when working with the CGO, Growth Leadership Team (GLT) and stakeholders to ensure they have confidence in your role. You will need to thrive on helping those around you by always being one step ahead, planning and prioritizing constantly as you go. Your ability to communicate effectively and think proactively is second to none. You will be a planner and a doer, finding comfort working in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment, and be happy to pitch in where needed.
What you’ll do
- Anticipate the information, resources and organization needs of the CGO to ensure they can prioritize and undertake work in an informed way. CGO is fully briefed on important events, organizational developments, changes and other information.
- Proactively manage and co-ordinate the CGO’s calendar and resolve meeting conflicts and prioritize issues.
- Monitor and triage emails for the CGO to ensure communications are dealt with in a timely manner, create / manage actions or follow up on behalf of the CGO and respond directly where appropriate.
- Organize, attend and facilitate PLT meetings and offsites, ensuring actions are captured and followed up to completion, ensure presenters are well prepared, pre-reads are sent in advance and meetings run smoothly.
- Prepare agendas, minutes, and Board and other critical papers in a timely and accurate manner, including assisting senior leaders in the preparation, reporting, and analysis.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure relevant information is received by the CGO within tight deadlines.
- Continually look for ways to enhance the ways of working for the CGO and GLT and implement these.
- Build and maintain highly effective business relationships to support the Product team to achieve the Product strategic objectives.
- Coordinate extensive and complex domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Provide excellent coordination and administration support to the CGO and GLT as and when required. This could include processing expenses, accounts, purchase orders, and other administrative support.
- Support and mentor other operational and administrative team members, and lead by example to reinforce the Xero values and foster an open and inclusive environment.
Success looks like
- Success in this role looks like the smooth management of daily operations, owning and managing a range of tasks and initiatives, presenting options and suggested next actions to support decision making, as well as follow up and #ownership seeing tasks through to completion. You’ll be working alongside the CPO and senior leaders so a confident, supportive, collaborative and can-do attitude is a must!
What you’ll bring with you
- Strategic thinker, data-driven and analytical in approach to solving problems.
- Systems and process-thinker; loves creating order out of chaos.
- Highly organized and action orientated
- High level of integrity and experience dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across a global business
- Excel at building relationships and networks; influence others to achieve outcomes
- Thrives on helping others be their best selves and anticipating their needs before they are spoken
- Competent at triaging, managing and facilitating business-critical issues
- Competent and confident at facilitating and chairing meetings with senior leaders
- Versatile and able to work outside of the immediate remit
- Significant experience (minimum 5 years) supporting C level / Senior Executives to Board level ideally in a fast paced global business.
- Proven experience collaborating and building trust and effective working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task and deal with competing priorities.
- Understanding of Google suite (preferred)
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year, plus 5 days of Xtra leave
Employees have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated.
We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies. Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values – #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team – which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.