Events Operations and Execution Lead
Multiple Locations, United States
Job number: 1600070
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
Travel: 25-50 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Discipline: Integrated Marketing
Employment type: Full-Time
The Global Demand Center (GDC) within the Cloud Marketing Group is leading the marketing transformation of Microsoft’s largest and growing commercial businesses. Our always-on acquisition and nurture Lifecycle Marketing Programs work across segments, targeting business and audiences across our commercial portfolio. This includes Azure, Microsoft 365, Teams, Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Project, Visio, Teams, Surface, AI, Security, Digital Transformation, commercial industries, and education, with programs available in 50+ markets and 30 languages. The GDC team is modernizing and integrating these channels through advanced analytics, marketing automation, and digital marketing. The GDC acquires millions of new contacts annually which can be nurtured into leads and sales recommendations to enable connected digital marketing and modern selling journeys. We are on a mission to drive market share, consumption, and consistent double-digit+ revenue growth.
As an integrated part of the GDC Channels, Innovation & Field team, the GDC Regional team’s purpose is to lead an always-on approach to align integrated marketing plans within the GDC, and to deliver world class marketing execution through our global marketing capabilities. The Regional team owns marketing execution and digital sales connections, within region and time zone.
As an Event Operations & Execution Lead, you’ll be responsible for managing and evolving event execution for regions across the globe (Americas, Asia, EMEA). You’ll manage an outsourced team of event specialists who will plan, set up and deliver Digital & In-Person events aligned to our Global Event Strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 3+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 5+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related experience
- OR Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, or related field AND 2+ years integrated marketing (e.g., digital, relationship, social media, campaign), event management, marketing strategy, business planning, marketing operations, or related experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in international B2B environments.
- Experience managing Event delivery teams & operations.
- Experience using ON24 or equivalent digital event platforms.
- Professional project/change management qualification (e.g., PMP, Agile for Marketing, PROSCI).
Integrated Marketing IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $101,200 – $194,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $130,000 – $213,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Regional Execution (time zone based)
- Engage with global & regional event stakeholders to plan, schedule & execute all approved marketing events for the region and maintain a deep connection and “always-on” interaction with the GDC Regional Integrating Marketing Lead and the Cheif Marketing Officer (CMO) Events Lead(s).
- Manage the operational landing of new event programs within region and sharing of feedback to drive continuous improvements and lead event & marketing content localization reviews across regions (multiple languages).
- Ensure service capacity is appropriately optimized and located to support both digital & in-person execution within available budget.
- Escalation and resolution support for any event execution issues in region, in partnership with relevant GDC teams.
- Review T&E requests for MC travel within region to ensure optimal use of resources and adherence to available budget.
- Attend selected in-person and digital events to ensure we maintain the quality and standards required.
- Provide escalation and resolution support for any event execution issues in region, in partnership with relevant GDC teams.
Global Strategy & Tools
- Contribute to Global Event Strategy to provide timely and relevant regional insights and develop event templates that outline the execution approach, operational checklists, and post-event learnings to enable future event standardization & improvement.
- Provide execution feedback and requirements to evolve Global Event MarTech platform capabilities.
- Identify and document pilot opportunities to improve event processes and generate operational efficiencies, and liaise with relevant teams to implement and share learnings
- Enable the operational landing of the Global Event Measurement Framework through implementation of standardized tagging, measurement & reporting.
- Identify and document pilot opportunities to improve event processes and generate operational efficiencies, and liaise with relevant teams to implement and share learnings.
Outsourced Service & Supplier Management
- Manage event execution outsourced services, suppliers & governance (planning, supplier meetings, service capacity, request intake & KPIs).
- Maintain detailed operational documentation – service scope, execution processes, RACI, SLAs etc.
- Deliver operational consistency and best practice across AMERICAS event operations through a deep partnership with other Event Operations & Execution Leads.
- Drive training and readiness program requirements across the event execution team.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry leading healthcare
- Educational resources
- Discounts on products and services
- Savings and investments
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.