Job Locations US-Remote
Category Strategic Engagement
Aptive Resources is seeking an Event Manager, to be part of a team, to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information Technology Operations and Services (ITOPS). This candidate will be responsible for developing and executing internal events with demonstrated experience in event planning, logistics experience, and marketing skills.
The Event Manager will support all aspects of planning and execution of events including agenda development, sourcing venues (in person and virtual), working with the client to oversee audio-visual support, and management throughout each event. This key team player will also assist with engagement activities and program development focused on communicating and sharing information with key stakeholders.
This position is fully remote with occasional visits onsite within the Washington, D.C. area as required, with normal operating hours of 0800 – 1700 EST Monday to Friday, excluding Federal holidays.
- Serve as a focal point and provide leadership for practices related to event planning.
- Manage event logistics, including selecting and scheduling events, managing speakers and attendee needs and coordinating registration requirements.
- Oversee venue selection and coordinate with venue representative.
- Manage and coordinate the event with venue staff.\
- Engage stakeholders and provide relevant information prior to each event.
- Provide on-site support for participants during events, as necessary.
- Capture and distribute event findings, including outcomes, decisions, and action items to inform future sessions.
- Also, responsible for all protocol requirements surrounding hosted events, to include planning, organizing, registration, publicity, administration, flag placement, and preparation of conference materials.
- Submits written summaries and outcomes of each event for archive and metrics reports.
- Advises leaders and other staff on events and protocol issues, ensuring handbooks and standard operating procedures, etc. are current.
- Responsible for developing an annual event strategy.
- Monitor shared email boxes and SharePoint-based submissions for meeting and speaking requests; logging and tracking incoming requests in accordance with established standard operating procedures and generating reports to assist with management and disposition of requests.
- Conduct research to gather pertinent information needed to evaluate meeting and speaking requests, to include coordinating with requestors and event points-of-contact to ensure required information.
- Support the review, assignment (with approval from Government staff), de-confliction and prioritization of meeting and speaking requests.
- Utilize a yearly event to collaborate with creative and communications teams to improve awareness and usage of VA software.
- Development, maintenance and delivery of Monthly status, Monthly progress and Quarterly and program assessment reporting.
- Meet with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Cultivate positive, trusting, and cooperative working relationships with all persons supporting the work, including government employees and other vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Communications, Public Relations, Business, Marketing or relevant equivalent).
- 6 years’ relevant experience planning and executing events.
- Certified Event / Government Planner
- Experience supporting large, complex events, with multiple breakout sessions.
- Experience supporting large federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Understanding virtual event platforms, especially ZoomGov and MS Teams.
- Masterful event management and client-facing experience – proven track record developing successful events within the Federal Government.
- Exceptional people skills and very high EQ, with the ability to collaborate across teams, clients, personalities, and styles.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders and facilitate productive discussions.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, and solutions logically, written, graphically and orally.
- Active Public Trust security clearance preferred; ability to obtain one required.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to quickly absorb complex issues and determine sound solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, results driven environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work with limited supervision while producing sustainable results under tight deadlines.
- Self-starter with a drive to accomplish tasks with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of written, oral, and visual communication to speak and write with clarity and tact at the executive level.
- Possess excellent critical thinking, leadership, analysis, and data gathering skills.
- Knowledge of VA Conference Policy and protocol.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with a project team, vendors, and senior-level stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain the rationale behind creative ideas to both clients and internal teams.
- Proven ability to think conceptually and collaboratively.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships across several teams.
- Keen time management skills and ability to juggle competing deadlines.
- Creative & self-driven mentality.
- Portfolio of events, may be requested.
- Experience in communicating detailed and technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done and high attention to detail.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to connect people and systems to impact the world. We’re advisors, strategists, and engineers focused on people, above all else.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.