Boulder, CO or remote
Ideal start timeline: January 2024
Compensation: Our target hiring range is $128,000 – $145,000 plus participation in our Annual Bonus Program with eligibility for a $12,000 bonus. Actual compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Location: Our employees have the option to work 100% remotely or their choice of days at home and at our office in Boulder, Colorado. We host a variety of all-company hybrid meetings and social events. We require anybody working remotely to have a very reliable, high-speed internet connection.
We know the best people can choose to work anywhere.
80 of them choose to work at Campminder.
Why join us?
- Our Campminder and Campanion App products provide software solutions for summer camps, an industry that enables meaningful experiences for kids.
- With 20+ years of experience serving the industry through its digital transformation, we’re stable, profitable, and have developed a loyal customer base (that continues to grow).
- We’re passionate about our work. Our team members feel their work has an impact on the organization’s purpose.
- At the same time, we are genuinely committed to work/life balance. Our team members feel they have the flexibility to take time off when needed and feel supported in making use of flexible working arrangements.
- With a culture of continuous improvement, we enjoy learning about and applying new technology, patterns, and practices.
- We’ve been nationally recognized for our values-led culture and employee experience.
- The people we hire are smart, collaborative, caring, and fun. We celebrate our wins and build lasting friendships among our teammates.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an operational manager with strong people management skills and the ability to effectively implement and roll out new processes, policies, and departmental initiatives. This is not a technical leadership role, but rather a business leadership one that is focused on operational efficiency and execution.
As an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Be part of the Engineering department leadership team and help execute and roll out departmental initiatives
- Lead a group of talented engineers and help each grow professionally
- Directly contribute to the operational effectiveness of the Engineering department, as well as the Technology organization as a whole
- Implement, evolve, and support inter- and intra-departmental processes that support communication, team empowerment, learning, and innovation
- Advocate for Agile methodologies and help promote great organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative culture in line with CampMinder’s 6 Core Values
We think a successful candidate will bring:
- Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring individuals & teams
- Experience creating, documenting, and rolling out processes & policies
- Experience creating and evolving effective intra- and inter-departmental communication channels, and facilitating cross-team coordination
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with stakeholders in various mediums, including synchronous and asynchronous formats.
- Excellent skills managing workloads, goals, and timelines for yourself and your team
A few of the benefits we are proud to offer:
- Wide selection of medical, dental, and vision coverage options (the company’s contribution covers 100% of at least one option for each), with $500 HSA match for HSA-compatible plans
- Ability to choose where you work – remotely, in the office, or a mix!
- A variety of resources to support mental health and emotional well-being
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents, including via adoption, surrogacy, and foster care
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Trust-Based (flexible) PTO (and yes, we use it!)
- $600/year wellness allowance
We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply:
We’re actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other historically marginalized groups.
Research shows that women and people of color tend not to apply to jobs unless they believe they are 100% qualified and apply to fewer senior-level positions. With that in mind, we encourage you to apply if you’re not sure whether you meet our qualifications. We’d love to have the opportunity to consider you!
We encourage applications from parents, parents-to-be, and those responsible for the caretaking of others. We offer paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents (including for adoption, surrogacy, and foster care placement) and paid loss leave to recover from miscarriage or stillbirth. The company’s HSA and wellness allowance contributions may be used toward childcare, eldercare, adoption fees, and fertility treatments like IVF, among other expenses.