Location: United States – Telework
The Editor will perform the following:
- Oversees the editing of material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications.
- Edits manuscripts by reviewing content for completeness, accuracy and correctness of language use and revises manuscripts to meet predetermined standards of style and accuracy.
- Looks for inconsistencies of thought, development or organization.
- Confers with authors to recommend treatment of material.
- Reorganizes, cuts or rewrites as necessary; may edit copy as well.
- Allocates print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Plans the contents of publications according to the publication’s style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements.
- Verifies facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Oversees publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- BS 10-12, MS 8-10, Phd 5-7, or relevant experience
- Degree in business administration, business management, information systems, information technology, engineering, or equivalent experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
Minimum Certification Requirements-Currently hold one or more of the following: ability to obtain all:
- ITIL v3 and/or ITIL 4 Foundation to align with the latest version of DESMF or ability to obtain / maintain
Desired Experience Level Requirements:
- Financial, Business and/or Technical Experience 10+ years
- Strong Communication and professional skills recognized leadership
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex and challenging deliverables and reporting
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with customer senior leadership and networking at various levels within the organization
- Familiarity with DOD IT security requirements
- Business Intelligence / Analytics Reporting Experience
- Performance Management Reporting Experience / SLA Reporting and design
- Document Management Experience ability to create / review formal contractual governmental documents
- Quality Management Experience ability to design quality plans, metrics, and similar
- Financial Management Experience
- Contractual Management ability to become SME on the contract and related documentation
- Communication / Training
- Expertise in Technical and Software areas (IT tools, SharePoint, Microsoft Office Excel/Word/PowerPoint, Analytical Software or Tools, SQL or similar exposure, etc)
- IT Process Familiarity (SACM, ITIL, Financial, etc)
- Improvement and Quality focused ability to drive change and improvement across the Account (project management skills)
Ability to obtain/maintain: Secret Clearance
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Range for Posting
Salary Minimum: $72,500
Salary Mid: $145,000
Salary Maximum: $181,300
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.