Title: Ecosystem Expansion Account Manager, USA – Contractor
Location: Remote (US based only)
As the Ecosystem Expansion Account Manager, you will drive and lead partnership efforts to support our growth strategy, efficiently managing a wide array of initiatives and build strong relationships with internal and external leaders.
The Magic Leap ecosystem consists of Independent Software Vendors (ISV) that develop end-user applications and solutions, middleware and tools, solution integrators or custom developers.
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in sales, business development, product marketing or developer relations in (AR / VR / MR). You must be driven to provide excellent customer service and have a passion for XR, evangelizing and comfortable demonstrating AR products. An effective Ecosystem Expansion Manager embodies a drive to provide the ecosystem partner with opportunities to mutually succeed along with the success of Magic Leap.
- Establish, cultivate and manage long-term relationships with developers and independent software vendors. Guide and support their efforts to bring unique AR applications, and experiences to Magic Leap.
- Identify new opportunities for strategic developer partnerships and aid in due diligence to determine near, mid, and long-term potential for Magic Leap’s customers.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders in Business Development, Sales, and Marketing to identify, prioritize and engage with Magic Leap Ecosystem partners.
- Negotiate partnerships that expand the reach of our services and achieve our objectives.
- Grow and maintain a network of developer contacts in the spatial computing industry.
- Demonstrate Magic Leap devices and partner solutions to both evangelize our technology and create new partnerships.
- Talk partners through the developer experience and tools and how to get started.
- Create internal analysis on ecosystem partners, and potential partners.
- Build a deep knowledge of the company’s technology/products/services to enable developers better.
- Manage the ecosystem pipeline, document meeting notes, and action items for record keeping and follow up. Maintain all details in the Ecosystem CRM.
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Participate in and help to facilitate Magic Leap’s engagement in developer industry events, meetups, and hackathons.
- Contribute to presentations and training material that outline the features and benefits of the products and services, ensuring they are up-to-date.
- Deliver training material, to all channel partners’ teams as well as enterprise customers.
- To own the demo experiences around the region, from setting up, troubleshooting, and deploying to training channel partners on how to replicate the same at client premises.
- Flexibility to work outside your job scope, work as a team and support each other.
- The inclination to improve one’s skill set through training, personal development, and self-learning.
- 10+ years of partner or customer interaction.
- Proven success in influencing, customer negotiations in a commercial or technical setting.
- An understanding or knowledge of key technical concepts unique to XR
- Strong organization and project planning skills.
- Experience leading cross functional team, planning and reporting the results.
- Patient, with strong interpersonal skills working with a range of partners from CEO to engineer; the ability to develop strong rapport, and credibility both externally with developer partners and internally across the organization.
- Excellent proactive communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly collaborative, open to coaching team mates and able to influence. Should embrace, and encourage collaborative style among team members. Will achieve results with and through others.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent work-experience in related field (preferably in computer science or an engineering-related discipline, technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development, 3D/ Game engines (i.e., Unity & or Unreal Engine) development).
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines