Title: eCommerce Marketing Copywriter – Remote
Location: US National
Zenni pioneered the online eyewear industry in 2003 with a mission to make prescription eyewear affordable and accessible to everyone. Based in Marin County, California, Zenni offers men, women, and children the freedom to express their personal style and individuality through high-quality prescription and protective eyewear curated with a sense of fashion and an incredible selection. With over 50 million frames sold worldwide, a pair of Zenni’s is owned in every country across the globe. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear Partner of the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Bulls, and San Francisco 49ers.
Zenni is experiencing rapid growth and transformation, and we are currently seeking a talented Copywriter to join our in-house creative team. In this role, you will leverage your creative expertise to convey ideas, inform customers, and solve problems through compelling copy.
As a Copywriter, you will provide copywriting guidance and leadership across various creative channels, including email, social media, web content, packaging, retail, out-of-home advertising, events, and more. You will also act as the copywriter for all major calendar moments and collaborate with the Art Director to develop monthly and quarterly tier campaigns, promotions, and brand initiatives. Your exceptional writing skills will play a pivotal role in shaping our brand identity and driving customer engagement.
What we want you to own in this role:
- Develop and execute creative copy strategies for a variety of marketing campaigns and initiatives, including web content, email, paid social, promotional events, and more, to support ongoing sales goals and drive product sales.
- Collaborate closely with our design team to create cohesive and visually appealing content that effectively communicates our brand’s messaging and drives audience engagement.
- Partner with the Copy Lead to establish a clear brand identity, generate creative ideas, and develop concepts that align with marketing objectives and support overall brand initiatives.
- Write clear, persuasive, error-free, original copy for product naming, product descriptions, and romance copy for seasonal PDP; including collabs and sports partnership initiatives
- Revise, modify, or rework messaging based on feedback received from the Creative Director or internal stakeholders to ensure alignment with brand objectives and overall communication goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, design, and product, to develop and implement cohesive messaging strategies that resonate with our target audience and drive results.
What skills do you need?
- BS/BA in English or Journalism preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- 3+ years’ copywriting experience, for consumer-facing brand.
- Experience writing for a lifestyle brand in the eyewear or e-commerce fashion industries preferred.
- Flawless writing skills, spelling, grammar, attention to detail, and copyediting experience.
- Experience utilizing a strong brand identity and a 360 approach to drive direct response.
- Strong interpersonal skills, loves to collaborate with team members.
- An excellent understanding of how to apply our brand tone and messaging to a variety of channels, as well as a desire to push the boundaries of how our brand is interpreted.
- An individual who understands pop culture and is constantly seeking what’s new in fashion and technology.
- Organized and can efficiently manage your timeable to flex between multiple projects seamlessly while maintaining clear communication.
- Experience in JIRA or other project management programs preferred.