Dir, Service Excellence
Location: Remote, US, 31999
Salary Range: $115,000 – $235,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America’s best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Work Designation. Depending on your location within the continental US, this role may be hybrid or remote.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
What does it take to be successful in this role?
• Working technical or practical experience with an ITSM application (such as ServiceNow, Cherwell, HP Service Manager, etc.)
• ITSM Domain SME (Service Catalog, Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Knowledge Management)
• Experience in a DevOps environment
• Understanding of business operations, requirements processes, and agile software development methodologies
• Knowledge of statistical analysis data and trend analysis using internal and external information to demonstrate relevant changes or improvement
• Good presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers, including good listening skills
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
• Ability to document systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user friendly language
• Ability to lead and facilitate process improvement projects, including asking the right questions, listening and guiding the overall process
• Ability to successfully work independently or with a team
• Ability to meet deadlines
Education & Experience Required
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Direct responsibility for maintaining the IT Service Management function and roadmap encompassing such processes as Incident, Request, Change, Configuration, Problem and Knowledge Management & Release Management.
• Provides leadership and strategic direction in the development and execution of IT Business Management processes and tools at Aflac.
• Owns and drives the IT Service Management governance process including Project Approvals, SLAs, Issue Resolutions and Priority Setting
• Determine and regularly report on Key Performance Indicators/metrics for IT Service Management
• Overall accountability for defining the future direction/strategy and maintaining current operational state of ITSM and ITBM platforms in alignment with needs of IT and Business
• Ensure successful IT Audit engagements.
• Create a high performing organization by developing and attracting talent, as well as mentoring, coaching and developing up-and-coming leaders.
• Manage vendor relationships / metrics: create SOW, resource acquisition, establishing metrics.
• Responsible for the overall budget and financial management of the department, projects and resources.
• Ensures that all project commitments are met or exceeded.
• Remain up to date with technical and industry developments.
• Serves as an IT Service Management and IT Business Management Champion for the IT organization
• Partners with stakeholders and program owners to instill a continuous improvement culture across the organization
• Drives process and organizational maturity as it pertains to IT Service Management, IT Business Management and ITIL
• Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $115,000 to $235,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.