Director of Payroll and Benefits
AT A GLANCE
With continued growth, RVO Health is seeking a Director of Payroll and Benefits to join our HR team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing total rewards (payroll and benefits) managing and monitoring administrative costs of our systems and programs, recommending alternative business aligned solutions, process improvements and special projects. As the Payroll and Benefits Director, you will be reporting to the Senior Director of HR Operations.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct market research and analyze benefits programs, competitors and new program offerings, to improve existing benefits packages, and create cutting edge strategies.
- Organizing company-wide benefits needs assessments, surveys, analyze results, and develop various employee benefits programs, such as retirement plans, stock options, life insurance, medical insurance, etc.
- Communicate and negotiate with various total reward, compensation and benefits providers to identify vendors and solutions suitable for our employees and cost-effective for the business
- Oversee the implementation and administration of total rewards and compensation programs
- Maintain UK legal and compliance relationships to minimize or reduce risks.
- Ensure that all benefits programs comply with company policy and relevant state and federal regulations in alignment with fully or self-insured governance
- Create proposals for the annual benefits budget, present them to Sr. Dir, and oversee the allocation of approved resources
- Maintain good working relationships with benefits providers, consultants, brokers, and auditors
- Set up and maintain functional payroll systems, identify improvement and efficient opportunities across business
- Audit payroll, and approve payroll transactions to ensure all amounts and payment dates are accurate
- Ensure labor legislation, multi-state payroll processing, employee insurance and tax laws are compliant
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounts Payables and Human Capital team to reports material changes, cost and forecasts
- Coordinate and partner with compliance and legal team to execute internal and external compliance audits
- Partner and support international team members and leaders
- Lead and manage special projects, implementation of new systems and programs and successful change management
What We’re Looking For
- Proven experience of at least 8 years managing teams and leading Payroll and Benefits function
- Hands-on experience with payroll software like ADP TS, Oracle, or Workday
- Knowledge of best practices in processing multi state payroll, payroll taxation, garnishments, disability, and workers compensation insurance including oversight of open enrollment and all benefits programs and plans.
- Significant experience in payroll management and benefits
- Familiarity with HRIS and Benefits Administration systems and software
- Advanced excel, V look ups, complex calculations, simulations, graphing, data visualization
- In-depth knowledge of labor legislation, tax regulations and benefits compliance requirements
- Knowledge of both US and UK retirement savings regulations, with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing 401(k) and Pension program initiatives
- A high level of discretion and integrity when handling sensitive employee information.
- BS or Master’s in Human Resources Management or Finance
- MBA or Master’s in Accounting is a plus.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $140,000 – $170,000 (plus bonus)
- *Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities.