Title: Director, Analytics
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
This role can be performed remotely from most US states and might require occasional business travel.
Golin is hiring a Director of Analytics to join our growing team, leading measurement, research and analytics for a key client and partnering with Analytics leadership to foster overall team and business growth. You’ll empower cross-disciplinary teams to provide comprehensive, accurate reports, data-driven insights, and drive strategic business implications, and will serve as a leader within the team to coach and mentor junior analysts. The role of a Director is to drive thought leadership and enable effective decision making to achieve clients’ communications and business goals.
The Analytics team generates insights from a variety of digital marketing and communications platforms and initiatives, including desktop/mobile websites, apps, digital media, email, customer relationship management databases, ecommerce platforms, and social media to name a few. In short, if it’s digital, generates data, and can be optimized via inquisitive analytics, we can make an impact.
Working on high-visibility accounts with diverse teams, you will partner cross-functionally with account management, creative, strategy and media specialists. Our ideal candidate is experienced in data-driven marketing and communications analysis, is an excellent communicator and presenter, has experience developing new offerings and building client relationships, and is an effective leader and people manager.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership for client analytics projects (timeliness, quality, profitability, team management): planning, managing, leading, and presenting a wide variety of analytic projects from start to finish in close partnership with supporting analysts and account leads
- Develop analytical approaches to solving business problems and provide thought leadership including development of and delivery according to analytic roadmaps and project plans
- Think outside the box and take initiative to proactively identify and solve problems, collaborating with account leads to propose new opportunities and optimize workstreams
- Develop rapport and relationship of trust with key client personnel ranging from individual contributors to senior leadership, as well as internal account leads and supporting analysts
- Demonstrate masterful storytelling: mining and synthesizing varied sets of data for omnichannel views, displaying data visually and creatively, developing powerful presentations with concise, impactful narratives and timely, actionable learnings tied to business objectives
- Manage multiple resources and projects concurrently toward successful completion, including ongoing core workstreams and ad-hoc, quick-turn needs
- Serve as an analytics expert, including:
- Digital analytics spanning earned, owned, paid; web, mobile, email, social, and media
- Measurement expertise including framework development, benchmarking and KPI setting, reporting, dashboards, and attribution
- Deep knowledge of relevant social and media analytics tools (for monitoring, CRM, social engagement, audience intelligence, data visualization)
- Experience in social content performance for paid and organic posts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat
- Up-to-date in all social platforms and key media developments and able to spot emerging trends in the social, media, and consumer landscape.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative and/or qualitative discipline (e.g., Consumer Insights, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or comparable years of relevant professional experience conducting data analytics with a demonstrated passion for digital and experience being a key point of contact for one or more concurrent client relationships.
- Ability to think strategically and big picture’, formulate appropriate analytic solutions to solve business needs and experience successfully selling them into clients
- A strong working knowledge of media/social/digital analysis and research methodologies
- Highly-motivated, collaborative team player with excellent leadership, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills:
- Good at developing relationships and building trust across diverse teams
- Exhibit confidence and command when presenting to all internal and external audiences
- Ability to think on your feet and manage productive workshops and brainstorms
- Communicate effectively with direct manager, senior management, and clients; synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, and risks
- Hands-on experience with most if not all of the following analytic ecosystems and tools: Sprinklr, Talkwalker, Native platform analytics (YT, Google, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, Snapchat, IG, etc.), Google Platform (Analytics, Optimize, Media), Tag management (Domo, Minerza)
- Advanced level user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- 5+ years proven managerial/supervisory experience with excellent coaching and mentoring skills:
- Proven track record of developing relationships built on trust and mutual respect with junior- and mid-level team members
- Ability to effectively delegate and manage team workloads and responsibilities based on skill sets and growth opportunities
- Embodies servant leadership mindset, focusing on the well-being of the team and organization, encouraging team career development and growth, and effectively balancing diverse personalities and goals to manage through challenges.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple tasks, projects; strong prioritization skills to meet deadlines
- Strong presentation, communication, and writing skills
Who we are:
We are a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Our progressive approach aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey, to build relevance and deliver maximum impact for our clients. To be successful with our employees and our clients, inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, profoundly diverse and uncompromisingly equitable.
Our expertise ranges from brand-building, cutting-edge campaigns to corporate reputation, advocacy and consumer insights. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, healthcare technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Named PR Week’s Global Agency of the Year in both 2019 and 2020, winner of the industry’s first PR-led 2019 Gold Cannes Lion, and three-year winner of AMEC’s Large Research + Measurement Team of the Year, we tend to Go All In, in everything we do. We’re especially committed to going all in for our people. We challenge our employees to be courageously happy and have empowered them to do so by offering our LifeTime benefits program. LifeTime offers unlimited time off, enhanced family care, the ability to work from anywhere one day a week and a monthly generous health and wellness benefits including a monthly LifeTime stipend for the gym or hobbies. Our culture is built around happy people who are the best at what we do!
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.