Title: Digital Editor
Location: US National
This is a remote role based in the US.
About Us: Honored as the Best Place to Work in Chicago and Best Leadership Teams by Comparably, EnsembleIQ is the premier resource of actionable insights and connections powering business growth throughout the path to purchase. We help retail, technology, consumer goods, healthcare and hospitality professionals make informed decisions and gain a competitive advantage. EnsembleIQ delivers the most trusted business intelligence from leading industry experts, creative marketing solutions and impactful event experiences that connect best-in-class suppliers and service providers with our vibrant business-building communities. Learn more at ensembleiq.com.
About the Role: Chain Store Age is seeking a digital editor who will be responsible for managing the daily digital needs of the brand, including producing newsletters for deployment, monitoring and analyzing audience engagement metrics, posting articles and images on digital platforms, and proofreading/editing copy. The editor should have a firm grasp of digital and social media best practices and will serve as the CSA point person for analytics initiatives to increase our audience as well as audience engagement. In addition, the editor should have writing skills and a strong interest in growing with the brand in a meaningful way editorially.
- Prepare and deploy daily e-newsletter and five weekly ones.
- Manage the layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork on digital platforms as needed.
- Handle the bulk of posts on a daily basis on social media media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook).
- Proofread and edit material as needed.
- Track and analyze audience engagement metrics
- Track and analyze website traffic and key drivers of engagement
- Contribute articles for CSA online under the direction of the editor-in-chief.
- Update the digital edition page with the current print issue.
- Stay current with new trends in digital technology
- Apply SEO best practices to help achieve content goals
- Leverage social media for increased brand awareness and engagement
- Troubleshoot and help to resolve problems with the overall web site and digital editorial products
- Post articles, photos and photo galleries online as needed
- Adhere to copyright and privacy standards and company policies
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- 2 – 3 years of B2B writing experience
- Proficient in content management systems, newsletter building platforms, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Google Workspace, Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Proficient with social media strategies, audience metric tools, SEO practices and data analytics
- Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills
- Comfortable using digital tools to post editorial and social media content
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet daily deadlines
- Ability to work effectively remotely and be part of a remote team