Digital Designer, Video
Location: United States
Shared Services Ecosystem – Marketing /Full Time/ Remote
At Colibri Group, culture is a critical part of our collective success, and we live our values everyday: Love, Joy, Boldness, Teamwork, and Curiosity. These values guide our interactions with each other, our customers, and the community.
The Digital Designer will work closely with the business team in developing, high standards digital design work for short graphic videos, motion graphics, animated GIF’s, digital ads/banners, posts, web sites, landing pages, and any other deliverables related to an ecommerce centric environment.
The Digital Designer is a strategic thinker who understands the impact that design has on business and devises compelling design solutions that translate internal into effective communications that align with the objectives and brand. The Digital Designer has the confidence to present to internal clients and articulate concepts, along with a strong affinity for branding and identity creation, creative focus, and technical ability. The Digital Designer works well as a team member on any given project and, understands how operate within a team DEADLINE ORIENTED setting, and knows what is expected in internal critiques and team meetings.
What You’ll Do
- Create superior, original designs for short graphic video’s, motion graphics, animated/static GIF’s, digital ads, banners, posts, web sites, landing pages, and any other deliverables related to an ecommerce environment.
- Advise Sr Creative Manager on design considerations and liaise with internal creative team including designers to share ideas, techniques, and best practices.
- Maintain positive working relationships with internal customers and internal creative team.
- Proactively manage project schedule to avoid last-minute projects and rush points; keep Project owners apprised of status.
- Proactively seek out ways to improve consistency and effectiveness of visual communications for the company. Identify relevant media, technologies, and production processes that offer significant improvements in cost-effectiveness, production time, or communications impact.
- Stay informed about company products, current graphic design trends and tools, and industry developments that may lead to future visual communications opportunities.
- Collaborate and work individually to solve problems and offer creative visual design solutions
- Assists other designers and the creative manager in fulfilling the Creative Department’s design directives and deliverables, including corporate initiatives.
- Assists Creative Service Manager in defining goals, deliverables, and standards for design group.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the creative industry function as lead digital designer.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience (multimedia, graphic design. Interactive design, etc.,)
- Online portfolio with engaging digital design work is required.
- A solid academic background in graphic design techniques/theory and a mastery of the following disciplines: video design, editing, storyboarding, animation, digital design, and advertising/promotional campaigns a plus.
- EXCELLENT SKILLS in Adobe Suite products: Premier, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and other mainstream graphics and multimedia programs.
- Solid understanding of creative development for digital design; front-end development in Flash, HTML, CSS, or other front-end development technologies is a plus.
- Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment; creative ideas and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team.