Title: Data Warehouse Engineer (work from home)
Location: Raleigh, NC, United States
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE JOB:
The Enterprise Data & Analytics Team is building out a team of Data Warehouse Engineers to support mission-transforming work through data at the American Red Cross. As a result we are hiring multiple Data Warehouse Engineers to help do this exciting work!
As a Data Warehouse Engineer for the American Red Cross, you will be part of a Data Management team that is modernizing and transforming our data and reporting capabilities across multiple verticals by implementing a new modernized data architecture.
The Data Warehouse Engineer will help develop, maintain and support an enterprise data warehouse system and corresponding data and will be responsible for database design and implementation of agreed upon standards. This position requires an innovative engineer who is passionate about data & data quality. The ideal candidate will possess data warehousing experience and the ability to develop scalable data pipelines that make data management and analytics/reporting faster, more insightful, and more efficient.
The work location is 100% virtual from a home office with occasional in-person meetings as necessary. Preference for candidate to be in the Mid-Atlantic states (NC, SC, VA) &/or to work an East coast schedule.
In addition, the Data Warehouse Engineer will:
• Collaborate with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
• Implement scalable solutions that align to our data governance standards and architectural roadmap for data integrations, data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions.
• Develop data integrations and a data quality framework. Write unit/integration/functional tests and document work.
• Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot data-related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
The annual salary range for this position is $120K- $125K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
**We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location & experience.**
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (required/minimum qualifications):
• Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer academic backgrounds in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field.
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in data engineering, business intelligence or related field.
• Experience writing and optimizing SQL queries and stored procedures in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
• Knowledge of different database technologies and data warehouse schema design patterns (snowflake and star in particular).
• Experience with cloud-based databases, specifically AWS technologies (e.g., Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EC2, Kinesis) is a plus.
• Experience creating ETL and/or ELT jobs.
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
• Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Process oriented with great documentation skills.
• Proficient in object-oriented programming (Python in particular).
• Experience with DevOps methodologies and tools (e.g., Git, Artifactory, etc.).
• Experience developing in a Linux environment.
• Experience developing integrations across multiple systems and APIs is a plus.
• Experience with Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with up to 4% Match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and Recognition