Title: Data Scientist
Location: Remote – US
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every body to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
The MyFitnessPal Data Science Team embeds artificial intelligence and machine learning into our product portfolio and business to create coaching solutions and personalized experiences to help our users achieve success on their fitness journeys. We encourage creative solutions and strive to maintain rigorous scientific and engineering standards.
Our diverse team of technologists builds and maintains native mobile applications, a web application, the world’s largest nutrition database, constantly evolving data science and AI/ML assets, the backend infrastructure and data platform required to support these applications and databases, as well as the business systems and data required to manage an awesome company.
Technologies and languages we work with include: Airflow, Amazon RDS, MySQL, Snowflake, Databricks, Elasticsearch, Scala, Python, SQL, Segment, Amplitude, Branch, Kubernetes, Docker, Okta. We care more about your general engineering skill than your knowledge of a specific language and or framework.
What you’ll be doing:
- Analyze various data sets and build sophisticated machine learning models
- Design and optimize algorithms to achieve the best solutions
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends
- Help build us next generation data science solutions
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines with a focus on statistical modeling, artificial intelligence, and mathematical algorithms
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar
- 3-5 years of industry experience with machine learning
- Ability to apply data science to real-world problems, capable of breaking down complex problems into key components where data science and AI can be utilized
- In-depth knowledge of Statistics/Probability/Machine learning
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn’t be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.