Title: Customer Support Specialist
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
The Customer Support Specialist is vital in upholding quality for both sides of our marketplace. This position plays a critical role to ensure the safety and reliability of customers on the platform. The ideal candidate will be able to masterfully balance risk mitigation and deliver exceptional customer experiences. They will repeatedly ask why until they reach the root cause of issues, and go the extra mile to solve problems. As our marketplace continues to scale, this person will be instrumental in defining and executing continually higher standards for marketplace quality at Clipboard Health.
- Investigate attendance and quality incidents for the thousands of workers across our marketplace; uses exceptional judgment and noticing to make decisions on difficult cases and ability to articulate reasoning in a clear and concise manner
- Communicate the resolution of your investigations to workers and facilities with understanding and empathy
- Develop reliability initiatives to improve the overall quality of the marketplace and experience for our customers; establish policy improvements to accomplish this goal
- Lead cross-functional collaborations with customer support, operations, product, customer success, and legal teams
- Evaluate legal, safety, and compliance risks; proactively develop strategies to address gaps
- Monitor and report on reliability and quality metrics; analyze trends in the data to create solutions for problems
- Act as a subject matter expert on Marketplace Terms policies and procedures internally and externally
- Maintain ownership of the Marketplace Terms escalation queue; work efficiently and effectively to ensure team SLAs are met
- Drive continuous efforts to improve our operational processes
- Manage and maintain communication on multiple platforms to effectively solve incidents at Clipboard Health’s partner facilities with the utmost priority and high standards
- Remain knowledgeable on product updates to ensure audited team members are utilizing the most up-to-date organizational information
- At least three years experience customer or client facing role
- Ability to resolve customer issues with empathy and action
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – You are a skilled communicator and listener, and you’re comfortable expressing ideas and opinions to a varied audience
- Ability to launch policies and features to enhance platform reliability and quality
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects
- Possess an I can handle anything mentality and extremely sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Ability to identify potential risks and effectively diffuse situations
- Demonstrate a high degree of leadership, motivation, self-direction, and initiative to achieve the goals of the team and organization
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and stay organized
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
- Ethical and unbiased integrity and decision-making abilities
- Positive mindset that elevates the entire team
Nice to haves
- Healthcare background or understanding of clinical care environments
- Ability to leverage statistical tools and techniques to analyze, interpret, display, and present data
Given the close collaboration required between this position and Marketplace Terms leadership, this position must spend a minimum of 75% of their working hours between 9am-5pm PST.