Customer Support Specialist
US – Remote
We believe that dogs and cats are more than just pets they’re part of the family. With rising vet bills and pet expenses, it can cost thousands of dollars a year to keep your pets healthy and safe. That’s why Pawp is on a mission to improve the quality of life for pets by creating tools & services to transform the world of vet care and how we access it.
Pawp is a venture-backed tech company, led by Lux Capital. We’re led by the founding team of products like Clarity Money and Paribus. Our product has been featured in Forbes, Popsugar, Insider, People, the WSJ, and more.
About The Role
Pawp is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to help drive forward our mission of providing all pet parents the opportunity to keep their pets healthy and their healthcare affordable. Reporting to the Customer Support Team Lead, you’ll assist with supporting our member base in navigating their Pawp membership, including providing accurate and detailed information on membership options, new product offerings, all while providing outstanding customer service and leaving the customer feeling positive about every interaction.
This role is a 6-month, contract-to-hire position, with a commitment required of at least 32 hours/week. The position has potential to turn into a permanent position based on performance and business needs.
Schedules will be established by shifts. Shift schedule preferences will be based on availability.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate effectively with Pawp members and respond to inquiries via live chat and support ticketing channels in accordance with our brand guidelines and team SOPs.
- Update member account information with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Successfully communicate and drive forward Pawp’s newest products and initiatives to both leads and existing members.
- Build effective and lasting relationships with Pawp members as well as veterinary clinics and partners as needed.
- Collaborate and work with Pawp’s team of veterinary professionals to ensurek a smooth member experience.
- Complete multiple tasks and projects quickly and with little guidance and excellent attention to detail, and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and fast response.
What You’ll Need
- A passion for pets!
- 3+ years experience working with various help desk tools, preferably Intercom.
- 3+ years experience in a customer-facing or support role with proven success. Customers know you by name!
- Strong written and verbal skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with empathy and understanding, ensuring our members are receiving your utmost care and attention.
- A strong drive and a relentless curiosity to learn and grow and a passion for creating the best customer experiences. A self-starter and all-around team player.
- Experience working in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment or relevant work experience in early-stage start-ups.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and across various time zones.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply (English + Spanish).
- Background in the veterinary industry preferred.
What You’ll Get
- Responsibility & ownership in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- World-class talent and team
- Pawp Perks