Title: Customer Service Associate – Remote
Location: Virtual, in the U.S.
Pearl Interactive Network is hiring Remote Customer Service Associates.
The Customer Service Associate (CSA) is responsible for answering telephone inquiries and launching outbound calls, as appropriate. The Customer Service Associate will assist customers in navigating the portal while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools.
Why choose Pearl Interactive Network?
Join Our Team and embrace the winning Pearl Culture which promotes our employee’s desires and efforts to serve our consumers, clients, and community. Our values of customer satisfaction, teamwork, a family atmosphere, quality services, respect for each other, transparency, and innovation are what make Pearl, the employer of choice. As a woman-owned, HUBZone-certified social enterprise, we take pride in our hiring preference for individuals living in economically challenged areas, persons with disabilities, military spouses, and Veterans.
Pearl offers Competitive Compensation and Benefits including:
- Rate: $16.20 per hour + an additional $4.41 per hour toward Health and Wellness Benefits.
- Paid time off, Paid holidays
- 401K eligibility plus company matching program.
- Ancillary benefits to support your lifestyle professionally, physically, and financially through our professional development and coaching program.
Operating Hours: 7 am – 7 pm CST, Monday – Saturday
- Associate training consists of 4 weeks of classroom training followed by 1 week of simulation.
- Must pass end-of-training check-offs or call reviews.
Technical Equipment, and Remote Office Requirements:
- Broadband internet connection with a minimum upload speed of 40 Mbps and download speed of 5 Mbps. No Satellite Connections. Test your network at speed.cloudflare.com to verify before you apply.
- Ethernet cable access. Wi-Fi-only connectivity is prohibited.
- Private and secure workspace within your home. Away from noise and distractions.
- Computer equipment, monitor, and headset are provided.
- Handle incoming and outgoing phone calls and identify the type of assistance the customer needs
- Provide excellent customer care to our Veterans and providers.
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems.
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues.
- Meet departmental standards for adherence, production, and quality.
- Participate in training and self-development opportunities when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a cooperative, positive attitude in the workplace.
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned.
- Mentor new hires and existing staff in the efficient use of call handling best practices designed to ensure accurate and consistent call responses.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Must have 1 year of inbound/outbound call experience in a call center environment.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical or health insurance environment, including claims. processing and claims customer service in a hospital or medical/dental provider office, etc.
- Ability to type 35 WPM and 2+ years of computer experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology (provider specialties, ICD/CPT codes, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must pass a third-party background investigation and 9-panel drug test.
- Metric-focused and ability to consistently meet productivity standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Pearl management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Background Check, Drug Screening, and Skills Assessments Required
Pearl Interactive Network, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.