Operations Associate (Part Time, Flexible Hours)
We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our team. You’ll be helping women bring to life their perfect cheongsam for any occasion. It’s a fun, unique and challenging role that brings together design sensibility, customer service and operations. This is a part-time, remote opportunity with flexible hours (~20hrs/week). Please note: basic mandarin skills are required.
How you’ll contribute:
- Follow-up with and answer customer questions that come in through various channels (e.g., email, chat, text, social media, etc.)
- Communicate with our dressmakers in Mandarin regarding customers’ requests and feedback on their dresses
- Track and manage customers’ production timeline to ensure on time delivery
- Build and innovate on the customer experience and operational processes
- Respond to customers’ inquiries within 24 hours, but with flexible hours
Who we’re looking for:
Have you ever…
- Triple-checked an email before you sent it, just because the perfectionist in you demanded it?
- Given someone great advice on how to improve an outfit?
- Had a lengthy conversation in Mandarin on wechat (with the help of google translate) with a friend or relative?
- Taken the initiative to learn a new skill through Googling?
- Been able to relate to and empathize with someone else’s situation, even if you’ve never experienced it yourself?
- Taken ownership of an existing process and made it better?
- Successfully improvised a meal based off of a recipe that you didn’t have all of the ingredients to?
- Delivered an amazing customer experience?
- Thrived on working autonomously in a fast-paced environment?
If so, we’d love to talk to you!
Some additional things you have:
- A comfortable proficiency in Mandarin (mostly written) is required
- A bachelor’s degree
- Some type of customer-facing experience
- High proficiency with technology, especially Google Suite (Docs, Sheets), and are quick to learn new tools
- Retail or e-commerce experiences are a plus, but not necessary
Why you’ll love working here:
- Make an impact on the Asian American culture and community
- We like to innovate and move fast
- Grow as we grow
- Your voice and opinions matter
- Chance to expand your skill sets in different areas (product, marketing, operations, etc.)
- Work with flexible hours catered to your lifestyle (you don’t need to sit at a desk all day)
How to Apply: Email us at email@example.com with your resume and why you’re interested in this role at EMD.