Location: US National
- Employees can work remotely
While this position is full-time remote, we’re looking for candidates that live in the U.S. This is to facilitate communication and coordination with internal teams and clients.
The Digital Ring isn’t your average marketing agency. We’re an award-winning crew of business-minded strategists, creatives, and developers. We work with clients big and small across a wide range of industries offering web design & development, SEO, content marketing & copywriting, branding, paid digital advertising, and more.
When we partner with a client, we become a seamless extension of their team. We get to know their company and their customer via an in-depth Discovery phase before creating and executing a carefully considered strategy to deliver a beautiful website or tailored marketing plan designed to help them reach their business goals.
While we’ve been in business for 6+ years, we still embody a startup mentality: we outwork the competition, we think outside the box, and we push the envelope. And all the while we manage to have just a little bit of fun.
Why this job matters
You’ll be an integral part of our Creative team, responsible for copywriting (including websites, emails, and ads) and content creation (including blogs and social media posts).
You’ll also assist the Senior Copywriter in brand strategy development and messaging, eventually taking on smaller branding clients of your own.
In this role, you’ll collaborate closely with our Accounts and Design teams as you develop messaging and create content to further our clients’ broader business goals.
This role also involves client interaction. You’ll meet with clients and interview them to formulate authentic messaging, and you’ll present larger projects (e.g. website copy) back to them.
What this job entails
- Collaborate with Accounts to develop a strategic marketing plan for clients, advising specifically in the areas of messaging.
- Collaborate with Accounts and Design to implement marketing strategies, conceptualizing campaigns/initiatives and writing associated copy: emails, social posts, ads, landing pages, print materials, CTAs, headlines, etc.
- Consult with Accounts on marketing performance, drawing key insights from reporting to make data-driven copy optimizations.
- Assist the Senior Copywriter on larger website copywriting projects or take the lead on smaller projects.
- After interviewing client stakeholders and conducting audience/competitive research, collaborate closely with Design to conceptualize website navigation and page layout, following UX best practices.
- Consult with SEO on target keywords and meta data strategy prior to copywriting the site. You’ll actively seek to grow your knowledge of SEO best practices as it relates to website layout/copy.
- Conduct audience, competitive, and market research to identify insights, white space, and strategic content opportunities.
- Stay current on evolving channel platforms, incorporating latest best practices as you develop and implement integrated content strategies that support high-level business goals.
- Collaborate with Design to create said content, conceptualizing videos, infographics, blogs, and more and writing all associated copy.
Brand Strategy & Messaging
- Assist the Senior Copywriter on larger branding projects or take the lead on smaller projects.
- Interview client stakeholders and conduct audience, competitive, and market research before partnering with Accounts to develop brand strategies (audience definition, positioning, messaging etc.) that drive business growth.
- Collaborate with Design to bring brand strategies to life through creative development, executing the updated brand across print collateral, signage, packaging, and more.
- No freelancers: we’re looking for a full-time teammate!
- At least 2-3 years of experience working as a Copywriter or Content Strategist (agency experience strongly preferred).
- A portfolio or multiple examples of your work; this should showcase copywriting for a variety of channels (e.g. websites, blogs, social, ads).
- Strategic thinking skills: you can see a clear path between marketing (messaging in particular) and helping our clients achieve their broader business goals.
- Natural storytelling skills: you can dig deep to uncover an audience’s underlying needs/motivations, and you can craft a compelling story that positions our clients as the solution.
- Exceptional communication skills, both in written and verbal form this includes the ability to present your ideas concisely and persuasively to clients and internal team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: you’re able to collaborate and build strong relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Strong organizational skills with an unmatched attention to detail: both qualities serve you well in juggling competing, high-stakes priorities.
- An attitude that embraces the role of AI in copywriting and experience leveraging tools like ChatGPT and Bard.
- A working knowledge of SEO as it relates to website content.
- A passion for agency life: you thrive in a collaborative, fast-moving environment.
Job classification: Salaried, exempt
Work/environment: Full-time remote