Coordinator, Affiliate Engagement
Remote | Remote
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America’s largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state and territorial affiliates and more than seven million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
To advance our mission, we are seeking a Coordinator of Affiliate Engagement to play an important role in fostering strong and effective relationships with our 52 affiliate partners. The position also provides high-level support to the Affiliate Partnerships team and coordinates other key activities related to affiliate engagement and growth.
Principal Duties (major areas of responsibility):
The Coordinator of Affiliate Engagement is a critical component of a national team that works to strengthen relationships and partnerships across the Federation, in order to amplify the collective impact of NWF and our affiliates on conservation issues. The Coordinator supports strong, constructive relationships between NWF and affiliates by providing administrative and logistical support to the Affiliate Partnerships Team. The coordinator also assists in ensuring that affiliate meetings and events run smoothly by providing exceptional logistical and planning assistance. Together with the Affiliate Partnerships team, the Coordinator supports maintaining and building affiliate relationships, joint programming with affiliates, building affiliate capacity, and assisting affiliates in enhancing diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in their organizations and their work. This role is ideal for a detail-oriented self-starter seeking to work alongside grassroots conservation organizations to contribute meaningfully toward the goal of conservation for wildlife and people.
Affiliate Engagement: 40%
- Assist in the development of communications and story-telling, including composing email updates, sharing affiliate wins, organizing bimonthly calls with affiliate leaders and regular meetings of working groups, maintaining email discussion lists, and other interactions.
- Help maintain the Affiliate Partnership Center website and affiliate-related documents/resources.
- Support affiliate capacity building initiatives.
- Support partnerships between affiliates and NWF programs, including Garden for Wildlife and Ranger Rick.
- Create and maintain databases of affiliate data, provide analysis, and present findings, as necessary.
- Contribute to the increased profile, understanding and visibility of affiliates across the Federation and externally, through outreach activities.
- Provide support for affiliate Equity and Justice efforts.
- Help manage additional discrete projects as they arise.
Affiliate Meetings & Events: 40%
- With guidance from the Director of Affiliate Leadership Development, tackle logistical and administrative details associated with meetings and gatherings of affiliate organization leaders, including the WildlifeUnite conference/annual meeting and annual affiliate leader meeting.
- Coordinate program planning processes, including scheduling, note-taking and follow-up.
- Lend logistical and administrative support to program content and design.
- Manage contracting process and records for vendors/outside suppliers for meetings and events.
- Set up online registration, event websites, event platforms/apps, and attendee email communications.
- Manage and maintain meeting-related data and generate reports.
- Collaborate with other NWF staff on outreach and promotional activities, including the development and implementation of digital outreach, print materials, and other content.
- Assist with the management of team budgets, including preparation of annual budget narratives and investment requests, handle financial transactions and invoices, and work with finance and contracts department as needed.
- At least one year of experience working in a related capacity.
- Able to adapt and work in a fast-paced work environment and produce results.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with website content management software, such as WordPress, and/or direct html coding.
- Able to work effectively on a team and with a diverse range of internal and external partners.
- Ability to troubleshoot and devise creative solutions to logistical challenges.
- Enthusiasm for convening productive and enjoyable meetings and events.
- Initiative and mature judgement, which includes re-prioritization of tasks when necessary.
- Experience working independently and managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong writer preferred.
- Able to understand and contribute to the diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives set forth by NWF.
Your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus. Your competencies should include:
- Being motivated by values of equity and responsibility to those most marginalized;
- Consistently bringing a high level of empathy and social skills to work and interpersonal interactions;
- Being committed to deepening an environmental justice approach in policy priorities, program development and partner engagement;
- Actively seeks feedback, direction, and guidance from all team members and keeps staff informed of decisions that impact them;
- Being dedicated to advancing NWF’s internal equity transformation and compelling partners and allies to incorporate equity into their work; and
- Passion for and commitment to NWF’s mission
Periodic travel to regional and national meetings may occur, in accordance with COVID-19 safety guidelines. Anticipate 2-5 events throughout year.
Location and Work Mode:
This position will be fully remote. The National Wildlife Federation is committed to a flexible and empowered work environment with an authentic community of care for all staff. While the position is fully remote, the employee may be able to work in a regional office if they are co-located with one, in accordance with regional office capacity.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000, commensurate with experience.
We are proud of our designation by Mogul as a Top 100 Workplace with the Best Benefits! We value work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling. We want you to be able to integrate work and personal life with attention to your self-care, so that your work schedule is not depleting. We offer benefits so you feel restored and fueled through the day and week.
We offer these supports to help manage your mental, emotional, and physical health:
- Paid time off: Vacation that starts off at three weeks accrual, unlimited wellbeing (this time can be used for physical, spiritual, emotional, cultural, religious or financial wellbeing for yourself, a partner, or family member – including pets), and 10 holidays.
- We close down for a paid winter break between December 25 to January 1 to recognize end of-year stress, and time for reflection, rejuvenation, and spending time with family.
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid Family and Medical Leave
- Low-cost health, dental, and vision insurance options – all outpatient mental health is covered at in-network rates
- Therapist available at no cost
- Pet insurance and discount perk program
- Annual wellbeing allowance
In addition to your salary, we offer the following supports to your personal finances:
- Retirement plan with immediate match and vesting
- Annual year end retirement contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption and Surrogacy assistance
- Pet adoption stipend
- Student Loan management