Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote; Freelance
About BoomPop, Inc.
Who we are.
BoomPop is on a mission to bring people together. We make it easy for you to have fun and connect on a human level with the people you work with, no matter where you are.
We launched with amazing virtual events and quickly expanded to IRL (think: offsites, retreats, client summits, annual kickoffs) as well as a single platform that makes it easy for any company to manage everything in one place. Although we’re barely over 2yrs old, we have over 4,000 clients (Google, Apple, Netflix, Nike, Accenture) and have brought over 150,000 people together so far. And we’re just getting started.
Umm… corporate events?
Oh YES, corporate events. We, as humans, spend ⅓ of our time working. And ⅓ asleep. The majority of our life is spent with people at work! The tectonic shift that is remote work has left 57% of office space vacant (yeah…$1.7T of annual spend: poof), and companies such as Airbnb, Salesforce, Shopify, and Reddit are all adopting the new mantra: “Offsites are the new office.” Companies around the world need help bringing their teams together and our goal is to make planning a company kickoff, client summit, or retreat as easy as buying products on Amazon. Watch. Us. Do. It. (Or actually, come help.)
Group travel pre-pandemic was already 40% of the $800B corporate travel industry and it’s absolutely exploding as companies shift facilities spend to IRL events. (by the way, 73% of clients are managers planning events for the first time in their careers … shouldn’t be their job.)
About the role
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative contractor to join our team here at BoomPop. This will be a 3 month full time contract position with the possibility of becoming full time. In this role, you will be responsible for targeting new leads, qualifying them, identifying potential customers, and ultimately generating new business opportunities. You will be a key member of the sales team, and work to ensure that BoomPop’s sales goals are met.
We are looking for someone who is a team player, has excellent organizational and project management skills, a strong work ethic, and wonderful communication skills. If you are hungry to learn and are a self-motivated individual, we encourage you to apply.
What you’ll do
- Outbound sales projects
- Qualifying new leads, identifying potential customers, and generating new business opportunities for the company
- Taking sales calls
- Pipeline maintenance within Hubspot
- Assisting with sales reporting
- Monitoring the sales inbox
- Set appointments and follow up on leads
- Track progress towards meeting sales goals
- Provide regular reports on sales activities and results to Senior Account Manager
- 2-3 years of experience in sales, customer service, or another customer facing role
- Experience with outbound sales (cold calling, cold outreach)
- Experience in customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in building and maintaining relationships with potential clients
- Knowledge of sales techniques and strategies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- A desire to learn and grow in the sales field
Location: US Locations Only