Content Editor, Teacher-Administered Assessments
Product Development & Management
Remote, United States
The impact you’ll have:
You will use your subject matter expertise and expert knowledge of teacher-administered assessment development best practices to:
- Develop, edit, and update content and teacher administration guidance in early literacy, early childhood, and early math assessments, working collaboratively with assessment editors, designers, professional development specialists, and other staffwith a focus on ease in usability and fidelity of implementation
- Work collaboratively with professional development staff on the creation of supporting documentation, guidance, implementation checklists, videos, and other materials to help teachers implement teacher-administered assessments with fidelity
- Collaborate with the Assessment Editorial and Design teams on user experience research to guide decisions on the design of teacher-administered assessments
- Serve as a thought partner to the Associate Director of Assessment and the Assessment Implementation team on state-specific screening analysis, guidance, and other documentation
- Write and edit rigorous assessment stimuli and items that validly and reliably assess student skills in early childhood, early literacy, and early math
- Work with Assessment Editorial and Psychometric teams on item validation steps and scoring guidelines based on student performance data
- Help to resolve diverse and complex problems often requiring creativity, exercising judgment in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions
- Contribute to the writing of technical reports and manuals as needed
You will serve as a thought partner and advocate for culturally- and linguistically-responsive assessment, using company baselines and test development specifications and procedures to ensure authenticity, representation, and diversity in all assessments.
Who we’re looking for:
Extensive knowledge and experience in the development, administration, and interpretation of curriculum-based and/or clinical assessments that measure early childhood, early literacy, and early math skills
- Proven ability to work within and across teams,communicate and provide feedback effectively,andstay on track to meet goals and timelines
- Adaptable and accountable in meeting andcommunicatingdeadlines and projectgoals
- Flexible in handling multiple projects and demonstrated ability to navigate throughunknowns and times of uncertainty
- Passion for ensuring diverse, equitable, and inclusive assessment experiences for students of all backgrounds
- Strong analytical, research, and creativethinking skills
- Ability to work in a self-directedway
- Comfortworkingwithnew technologies such ascontent management systems, Microsoft Office products,and virtual meetingspaces
- Openand responsiveto feedback and review
Adegree in early childhood or early elementary education, assessment, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of teacher-administered assessment development experience
- Subject matter expertise in early childhood, early literacy, and/or early math education
- Expertise in technical writing a plus
Location: We encourage folks from across the U.S. to apply to this role!
Compensation and Benefits: Equitable pay and great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.