About: The Role
Location: Remote (US). This is a remote position with the expectation that you will work US hours (EST).
Hours: 9am-6pm EST. Due to Snappy employees being in Tel Aviv, Europe and across the US, we schedule all company-wide meetings and events in EST. We do our best to respect and accommodate your personal time, but please know that there will be company-wide meetings and events that will be held in EST.
Compensation: We feel passionately about transparency in compensation. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000-$170,000 with a target bonus up to 10%.
*The salary offered will be based on years of experience, skillset, and location.
Here at Snappy, we’re on the search for a Commercial Counsel. You will be an instrumental member of our small but mighty (and growing) legal team! This role includes work in the traditional in-house portfolio such as: negotiating contracts, supporting all departments and functions with legal review and advice, managing risk, and resolving disputes. You will have the opportunity to learn all about and support Snappy’s various lines of business, including: our B2B platform, our B2C platform, and our retail partners and enterprise vendors. We’re looking for someone who is bright, curious, a quick learner, and who is interested in developing a broad understanding of key areas of law that affect our business, such as corporate, commercial, intellectual property, privacy, transactional and compliance. This position will work closely with leaders of other departments to achieve business objectives, mitigate risks, and meet legal obligations as Snappy continues its growth.
- Provide timely, business-focused advice to all departments, including Sales, Operations, Product, Analytics, Finance, R&D, Marketing and People Teams.
- Help develop and manage a global contracting approach in coordination with the relevant stakeholders to reduce friction, improve efficiency and accelerate the sales process across all regions; revise and maintain MSA templates and playbooks; and provide dedicated support for MSA negotiation and customer diligence requests.
- Review, negotiate and advise on commercial and data privacy agreements and a wide range of other commercial agreements.
- Research novel issues of law and regulatory trends to anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Be mentored along the way, be challenged to develop your legal and business skills, and be encouraged to engage with your colleagues to enjoy the supportive culture and fun that Snappy has to offer.
- A JD from an ABA-accredited institution and an active membership in a U.S. state bar in good standing.
- 2-4 years of experience; 2 years of general commercial experience in B2B context and prior in-house experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a diverse range of commercial agreements.
- The ability to manage projects from inception to completion including engaging relevant stakeholders and providing quality deliverables.
- A high-caliber, solutions-oriented attorney who is business-minded with practical risk awareness.
- Strategic and results-driven, creative, proactive and resourceful.
- A self-starter who is at home in a fast-paced, high-growth and informal start-up environment where demands and priorities can change rapidly.
- An efficient and effective communicator across all different levels and teams; able to tailor communication relative to the recipient.
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves and being hands-on.
- Willing to challenge yourself outside of your comfort-zone.
- Eager to develop collaborative relationships with internal partners and an all around team player.
Bonus Points for:
- Substantive knowledge of U.S. and non-U.S. privacy laws.
- In-house experience scaling business and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing SaaS and/or marketplace company.