Title: Clinical Data Entry Operator
Location: US National
Natera is currently seeking a Clinical Data (Data Entry) Operator to join the operations team. This position accessions patient samples according to standard operating procedures (SOP) with high efficiency and accuracy.
This is a remote position, with the days/hours: Tuesday – Saturday, either Day shift 9am-530pm or Swing shift from 330pm-12am. Hourly rate starts at $16, with an added swing shift differential.
Natera requires successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
- Create new orders on Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS) and perform necessary checks to ensure proper accessioning.
- Accession samples with high accuracy and efficiency.
- Accurately enter patient data into the Laboratory Inventory Management System (LIMS).
- Ensure that the information in LIMS is up-to-date.
- Scan test requisition forms and attached paperwork. Ensure that all paperwork belong to patient and upload to case.
- Protect patient health information (PHI) at all times to ensure compliance with HIPAA and privacy policies.
- Perform safe and proper handling of samples (blood, buccal, and tissue).
- Maintain tidiness of workstations and lab.
- Maintain familiarity with standard operating procedures (SOP) and quality standards determined by the clinical laboratory.
- Perform safe and proper handling of tools provided to open packages and kit boxes.
- Sort packages at the dock upon arrival of packages and bring packages up to the lab.
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job.
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire.
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- 0 – 1 year of industry related experience.
- Previous computer experience is required.
- Previous data entry experience is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Trained on all product types and able to accession with accuracy and efficiency.
- Typing speed of at least 45wpm with high accuracy.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective critical thinking skills and the ability to use good judgment.
- Ability to perform required duties with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
The pay range is listed and actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits – Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!