Clinical Content Specialist – Nursing
job requisition id
Clinical Content Specialist – Nursing
MN or Remote in the U.S.
We are looking for a Clinical Content Specialist – Nursing to facilitate our mission to provide faculty and leadership with best-in-class educational resources. We are known as innovators in the Nursing Education market and are constantly looking for new and inventive ways to engage faculty to adopt best practices for curricular success. If you are an analytical thinker and passionate about developing nurse educators, we want to hear from you!
The Clinical Content Specialist Nursing will work closely with the Senior Clinical Content Specialist to plan and deliver high quality products and consultation services by identifying and assessing client needs and developing evidence-based, best practice, engaging content for faculty to support role development from onboarding to expert.
The Clinical Content Specialist – Nursing will work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders to provide educational services and coordinate efforts with the nursing education team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about nursing education, pedagogy, mentoring, analysis, and process improvement. The person will be able to work collaboratively in a team-based approach to achieve goals and initiate action. This candidate should have a strong understanding of nursing education and the importance of program success to prepare future nurses for the innovative and dynamic world of nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Clinical Content Specialist’s primary responsibilities include:
Consultations and Workshops Team Member
- Support the collaborative process of securing, planning, processing, and evaluating consultations.
- Triage client needs and offer viable solutions.
- Write consultation proposals for client review and signature.
- Make revisions as needed to reflect client’s needs.
- Track and stores proposals and document client communication.
- Follow up on unsigned proposals to gauge the client’s level of interest.
- Follow up with clients, responding to questions/concerns from decision makers.
- Align consultation topic and timeline with potential consultant’s expertise.
- Serve as a liaison between the consultant and internal and external key stakeholders.
- Serve as a resource to consultants throughout the planning and implementation process, such as reviewing presentations, brainstorming strategies, addressing issues, and providing constructive feedback after observing consultants during consultations.
- Contribute to the process of customized projects through mentoring, reviewing, or editing support.
- Serve as the final reviewer for all customized test writing projects, curriculum development projects, program review reports, and other consultation reports prior to submitting to client.
- Collaborate with the team to support problem solving, continuous quality improvement, and strategic growth, including review of surveys and feedback.
- Review client data that may prompt the development of new products or services.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to provide joint product and service marketing opportunities for consultations.
- Plan and deliver select consultations, webinars, conference and institute presentations, New Faculty Orientation (NFO), and workshops.
- Monitor the evidence base and scholarly work that supports the work of the team.
Nurse Planner with the NurseTim NCPD Planning Unit
- Work collaboratively with the Accredited Provider Program Director (AP-PD) during the ANCC process and serve as liaison between the AP-PD and the consultant.
- Submit documentation requesting contact hours to include contract details, consultant information, description of the professional practice gap, description of the problem or opportunity for improvement, and evidence to validate the professional practice gap.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of NCPD workshops, conferences, institutes, NFO, and webinars.
- Present sessions for webinars and conferences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and meet organizational needs.
- Complete the NCPD planning and documentation for assigned events.
Assessment and Mentoring
- Assist with mentoring item writers and reviewers to help develop their skills to produce high-quality test items.
- Review test items for clinical accuracy, alignment with current research and best practices, and adherence to established NurseThink item-writing standards.
- Write traditional, alternate format, or Next Generation NCLEX style test items based on areas of experience and expertise.
- Analyze item or assessment-level data for the Clinical Judgment Exams and participate in quality improvement and exam development processes.
- Write for company and client produced resources that may include developing podcasts, books, manuals, videos, learning activities, and other learning related materials.
- Contribute to the identification, planning and implementation of new or revised initiatives that impact team mission and vision.
- Collaborate with the nurse educator team to evaluate practices and processes in place.
- Travel as needed for conferences, consultations, nurse meetings, and training.
- Be flexible to work on other product development as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required. Doctoral degree in nursing, higher education, or related field preferred.
- Active RN licensure (unencumbered).
5+ years of experience in nursing education practice and administration including:
- Teaching experience in academic nursing to understand the role of faculty, curriculum design and assessment, teaching strategies, learning styles, and learning platforms.
- Leadership and administrative experience to understand team dynamics, organizational and budget processes, and regulatory considerations.
- Experience with accreditation at the program and institutional levels.
- Experience with Nursing Continuing Professional Development
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Strong written, verbal, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop professional relationships with key stakeholders including clients, consultants and NTI nurse educators and staff.
- Independent and autonomous in work/self-management, professionalism, and integrity.
- Ability to prioritize and manage complex tasks simultaneously.
- Organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Ability to be attentive to details and meet project deadlines.
- Welcomes change and innovation in the organization and educational process.
- Strives to build efficiencies and standardized processes to best serve the client, consultant, and company.
- Ability and willingness to travel to meet business goals and objectives.
Travel Requirements: 30 – 40% as needed for conferences, consultations, mentoring, and training.