Chief Marketing Officer
Come join Deepwatch’s team of world-class cybersecurity professionals and the brightest minds in the industry. If you’re ready to challenge yourself with work that matters, then this is the place for you. We’re redefining cybersecurity as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. and we have a blast doing it!
Who We Are
Deepwatch is the leader in managed security services, protecting organizations from ever-increasing cyber threats 24/7/365. Powered by Deepwatch’s cloud-based security operations platform, Deepwatch provides the industry’s fastest, most comprehensive detection and automated response to cyber threats together with tailored guidance from dedicated experts to mitigate risk and measurably improve security posture. Hundreds of organizations, from Fortune 100 to mid-sized enterprises, trust Deepwatch to protect their business.
Our core values drive everything we do at Deepwatch, including our approach to tackling tough cyber challenges. We seek out tenacious individuals who are passionate about solving complex problems and protecting our customers. At Deepwatch, every decision, process, and hire is made with a focus on improving our cybersecurity solutions and delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. By embracing our values, we create a culture of excellence that is dedicated to empowering our team members to explore their potential, expand their skill sets, and achieve their career aspirations, which is supported by our unique annual professional development benefit.
Deepwatch recognition includes:
- 2023, 2022 and 2021 Great Place to Work Certified
- 2023 and 2022 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
- 2023 and 2022 Fortress Cybersecurity Award
- 2023 $180M Series C investment from Springcoast Capital Partners, Splunk Ventures, and Vista Credit Partners of Vista Equity Partners
- 2022 Cigna Healthy Workforce Silver Designation
- 2022 Cybersecurity Excellence Award for MDR
Chief Marketing Officer
Deepwatch is seeking an innovative and experienced marketing leader (Chief Marketing Officer – CMO) who is passionate about creating growth marketing strategies and advancing Deepwatch brand awareness to help drive our next stage of growth. The CMO is a strong marketing leader and storyteller with vast experience in developing and driving high growth Cloud|SaaS brands via sophisticated and progressive demand generation, brand marketing and channel GTM strategies. This critical role reports directly to the CEO will lead Deepwatch’s marketing initiatives in partnership with our sales leaders and executive team to differentiate, position and evangelize the unique Deepwatch security platform. You will collaborate with other members of the Executive and Senior Leadership Team, Sales, Product, R&D, and Marketing teams to spearhead the next stage of growth initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact and shape the future of our organization.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly technical, entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop and execute overall marketing strategy to drive customer acquisition and ARR growth
- Lead and define messaging in close partnership with our sales, marketing, product, delivery and engineering teams to tell our company story and deliver consistent, succinct messaging across our website, digital assets, GTM and technology partners, public relations, analyst relations and digital marketing
- Continuously refine Deepwatch’s value messaging to increase brand awareness, differentiation and penetration in a crowded security market
- Create and define success metrics for marketing programs
- Define the competitive advantages and customer value of the Deepwatch Platform and align with prescriptive customer outcomes that deliver exceptional value and overall security maturity
- Translate Deepwatch’s business objectives, market opportunities and trends, and Cloud|SaaS offerings into a cohesive go-to-market strategy
- Partner with Senior Leadership Team across Sales, R&D, Product and Threat Research teams to ensure alignment on a comprehensive, resounding message tied to Deepwatch’s mission, core values, unique capabilities and drive thought leadership
- Lead all aspects of the team to build and implement a comprehensive content marketing strategy and calendar with an engaging mix of media articles, video, blogs, customer stories, etc.
- Oversee the development and execution of multi-channel marketing programs, brand awareness, including digital marketing, content marketing, lead generation, and technology partner partnerships
- Lead customer segmentation, market research, and competitive analysis to identify target audiences, optimize messaging, and refine go-to-market strategies
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, leveraging data-driven insights to optimize marketing strategies and drive continuous improvement
- Stay ahead of industry trends, emerging technologies, and customer needs to identify opportunities for innovation and growth
- Conduct quarterly assessments of Deepwatch’s go-to-market processes and address gaps in performance
- Provide data driven insights and analytics on effectiveness of marketing programs to Executive Leadership
- Lead the public relations function, including all public relations activities and agency relationships
- Partner with cross-department leaders to build employer branding initiatives and champion the company internally
- Drive our analyst relations strategy and establish productive relationships with industry analysts
- Define and execute corporate event messaging and experience strategy
- Lead and inspire a high-performing marketing team fostering a culture of creativity, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Collaborate closely with the executive team to align marketing initiatives with financial/business goals and support the overall company strategy.
- Establish Deepwatch as a highly regarded brand and thought leader by authoring blogs, presence at industry events, and speaking engagements
- Partner with content marketing, digital marketing and demand generation teams to deliver the Deepwatch story to targeted audiences
- Deliver sales enablement to all GTM partners to accelerate onboarding, adoption and new partner productivity
- Formalize processes, measurement tools and reporting
Required Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience leading sales, product and brand marketing teams
- Proven experience leading large programs across organizations or developing global go-to- market strategies for a portfolio of products and services
- Strong knowledge and experience of digital marketing platforms, offline media, and marketing technologies
- Recent and relevant security software product industry and strategic business experience, preferably focused on next generation / enhancing products
- Expertise leading growth of SaaS solutions
- Experience in growth marketing and ability to track trends, measure campaign success, and create lead generation funnels
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing marketing teams
- Strategic mindset with the ability to align marketing initiatives with business objectivesDemonstrative metrics-driven mindset, using and generating thoughtful data analysis to inform decisions that balance the needs of customers, using data to validate those decisions
- Must be able to effectively lead and work with teams that are spread across multiple geographies
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams; ability to manage up, down and across the organization to get desired outcomes
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills, including ability to create and deliver effective presentations to C-level executives and board members
- MBA toolkit an MBA is not required but the ideal candidate will understand core business functions
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Ability and interest to work 100% remotely from a home office
- Willingness to travel as-needed
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience working in the Cybersecurity industry
- Solid understanding of information security, security tech, products and services such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), network security, SIEM and cloud security products
What We Offer:
Deepwatch is excited to provide benefits designed to support team members and their families. Including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off (FTO), 9 company holidays, sick leave and 8-Weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Unique professional development benefits, starting at $3,000 annually
- Wellness contests and monthly educational programs
- 401(K) retirement program with employer match
- Learn more here: Deepwatch Benefits
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you. Please review our DEI Statement here.
Deepwatch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities and accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please inform your recruiter or contact email@example.com for further information.
All Deepwatch employees are expected to:
- Be interested in and able to work remotely from a home office when not at a corporate office
- Pass a pre-employment background and drug screen in accordance with applicable laws
Deepwatch is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.