Working from home
Administration, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, General
If you like working at a company where individual contribution matters and is recognized, where you can have both autonomy and support to achieve your goals and where creativity and accomplishment are rewarded, then you should consider BioSpace, Inc.
BioSpace is the leading online community for industry news and careers for life science professionals. For over 30 years, BioSpace has provided essential insights, opportunities and tools to connect innovative organizations and talented professionals who advance health and quality of life across the globe. Our team operates with a fun, entrepreneurial style that combines our passion and high-energy with an aggressive vision of growing BioSpace.
BioSpace has an exciting opportunity for an editor to cover our business beat and help us evolve our editorial strategy and uncover major industry stories and topics in the biotech world. This role will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities to help differentiate BioSpace in the marketplace through our quality journalism. Our home office is located in West Des Moines, Iowa but this position may be fully remote.
In this position you will:
- Write multiple bylines per week about biopharma business dealings
- Assign and edit business stories written by freelancers
- Proactively identify & recommend enterprising story ideas to be shared with the team at weekly pitch meetings
- Launch and maintain trackers about biopharma business dealings
- Curate our weekly BioPharm Exec email with exclusive content
- Put together a special newsletter edition once/quarter
- Track newsletter engagement and site traffic to business stories to inform future coverage
- Ensure that BioSpace editorial standards are maintained
- Provide gripping headlines for articles and newsletters Source images and publish stories using a content management system (CMS)
- Develop and maintain relationships with PR media agencies, investment analysts, and other key industry sources to provide commentary and story leads
- Provide press coverage on key industry events (may require travel 2-3 times a year)
- Monitor news-gathering operations and keep abreast of industry news flow
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or the life sciences; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of journalism experience covering business dealings, preferably within the biopharma industry; editing experience preferred
- Impeccable writing and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of the AP Style Guide and copyediting Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships with industry sources
- Proactive approach to identifying editorial opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, online publishing environment
- Working knowledge of SEO fundamentals
- Ability to work independently and collaborate freely with team members
BioSpace offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including the week off between Dec 25 and Jan 1!
Pre-employment background check required.