Board of Directors – Board Secretary
- Remote OK
- Board Secretary
Board of Directors Viamo – Part time Board Secretary
What is the opportunity?
As Board Secretary for our Board of Directors, you will be responsible for providing organizational and executive administrative support – with a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and judgment – to the Chair of the Board, directors, and CEO in the coordination and execution of Board and Committee matters. You will act as a critical support to the Board Chair , CEO and a liaison between the Chair, Board of Directors, and Senior Executives.
Hours expected monthly ~12 hours especially in the 1-2 weeks leading up to the Quarterly Board Meetings
What will you do?
- Responsible for a range of processes related to the Board of Directors (in particular the Board Chair), including preparation of highly time-sensitive & confidential materials and correspondence, advising on Board governance processes, summary of meeting minutes, and Board agenda management.
- Attend board meetings, record accurate and concise minutes, and ensure documentation of board actions, decisions, and resolutions. Advise on governance or process as needed.
- Maintain an up-to-date record of board policies, and other governing documents.
- Manages all requests to the Board Chair and directors for internal meetings. Manages all logistics for in-person Board and Committee meetings (typically Board Meetings are 100% remote/dial in) including some assistance with ensuring correct technology is in place (video meeting applications), booking travel and accommodation on occasion as necessary.
- Manages related Board of Directors activities and logistics such as scheduling of onboarding sessions, recruitment interviews.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting materials, including reports, presentations, and supporting documents.
- The creation and maintenance of a board planning calendar outlining future matters of discussion.
- Maintenance of contact information of board members including appointment dates, appointment terms, and board member bios.
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
What do you need to succeed?
- Professional level communication skills (written and oral). (Bilingual – French and English is an asset.)
- Minimum 7 – 10 years’ experience
- University degree or diploma in business or administrative studies
- Familiarity and/or experience with Board Governance in order to support and advise on processes accordingly
- Excellent high level of proficiency of technical skills – Google Suite of products (Docs, sheets, etc.)
- Experience in supporting C-suite executives and Boards, including knowledge of Board governance and process
- Confident with exceptional professionalism and anticipation skills
- Possesses ability to read complex settings and the ability to recognize and respond to a variety of people and circumstances
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
(The position is not an entry-level position and direct experience is required.)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, and work together collaboratively to deliver access to critical information to our end users so that they thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Leaders who support your development
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Reading and analyzing incoming memos, and submissions, and distributing them as needed.
- Making travel arrangements for executives.
- Opening, sorting, and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence.
- Provide general administrative support.