Billing Specialist (Temporary, Full-Time) – Remote
Job Locations US-Remote
The Billing Specialist is responsible for overseeing the billing process in their specific areas for our Cotiviti clients. Their duties include processing invoicing and supporting reporting, maintaining organized financial records, collaborating with other departments, and resolving client questions and issues relating to invoices. Since this job will be based remotely, all interviews will be conducted virtually.
- Review and process invoices in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy for all aspects of client invoices, including fee rate.
- Responsible for gathering additional billable items from Clients and Data Operations
- Updates billing spreadsheets with monthly memberships, new pricing, escalations, and additional items.
- Properly record entries under GAAP in accordance with the company’s policy, as needed.
- Recommend internal processes and queries to ensure accurate and timely invoicing
- Interface with Corporate Accounting and Financial Planning & Analysis groups as needed
- Assist with documenting processes, identifying control gaps, and implementing remediation for specified areas
- Be proactive and share your knowledge with the team and other departments
- Offer assistance whenever possible, especially to manager and other team members
- Provide periodic status update to manager
- Ad-hoc projects
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 3-5 years of transactional invoicing experience
- Ability to solve meticulous problems using analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, accurate and detailed oriented
- Ability to recognize concerns and willingness to ask questions
- Aptitude and desire to learn
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Self-starter / team player
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and within prescribed time constraints; must be flexible
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- No adverse environmental conditions expected.
- Must be able to provide a dedicated, secure work area.
- Must be able to provide high-speed internet access / connectivity and office setup and maintenance.
Cotiviti is an equal employment opportunity employer. Cotiviti recruits, hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications for a specific job. Cotiviti values its diverse workforce and its selection of employees is made without regard to race, color, creed, sex, age, religion, pregnancy, childbirth or pregnancy-related conditions, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic carrier status, military service, veteran status, disability, or any other category of class protected by federal, state or local laws. All employment decisions and personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are and will continue to be administered in accordance with, and to further the principle of, equal employment opportunity.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Cotiviti will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)