Title: Billing Associate (Remote, US)
Location: Remote, United States
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why
- It’s working. We’re in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well-backed & stable. We closed our $75M Series C fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google’s Gradient AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
With rapid growth comes an influx of revenue! Openly is looking to add a Billing Associate to our operations team. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with an interest in accounting or billing to work in a fast-paced team environment! The Billing Associate is responsible for ensuring that policy payments are received, processed, and applied to the correct policy. This role will regularly interface with external stakeholders as well as multiple internal departments.
- Executes the daily payment lockbox file while resolving exceptions in a timely manner.
- Reconciles the daily payment lockbox file to the billing system for posting accuracy.
- Researches and processes premium refunds.
- Resolves billing questions and issues for agents, policyholders, and internal customers within determined service level agreements.
- Works collaboratively with team members to implement quality billing practices and procedures.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and communicates these opportunities to leadership.
- Assist with month-end close activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of working experience, insurance experience is a plus
- Understanding of basic accounting principles. Accounting and/or accounts receivable work experience a plus
- A good command of Microsoft Excel.
- Self-starter mentality with strong time-management skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, and strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities
- Customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a start-up company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the work-from-anywhere in the US mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer and currently residing in the US will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.