Bilingual (Spanish & English) Math or Algebra I Virtual Tutor
Choose Your Hours (PT)
Littera Education is looking for virtual Bilingual (English + Spanish) Math and/or Algebra I tutors to join our tutor team! Availability for at least one full hour (the same hour) on at least two weekdays (the same days) from week to week is preferred.
Do you enjoy supporting students and developing their understanding of math concepts?
Are you interested in providing high-quality tutoring support?
Once you are matched to students with an assigned schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to build a strong tutor:student relationship.
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- Choose your subjects, levels, and calendar availability.
- Complete curriculum reviews for the lesson content you would like to use in sessions.
- Tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting.
- Build relationships with students located across the United States.
- Review provided lesson content materials
- Impact a student’s learning experience!
What are the requirements to apply?
Note: You must reside in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii.
- Relevant experience working with school-age learners in some capacity.
- Ability to effectively tutor math in both Spanish and English.
- Relatively consistent calendar ongoing availability that will support a session series from week to week at the same time with the same student(s) in this Littera high-impact tutoring program.
- Confident knowledge of at least one of the following: algebra I, algebra II, geometry, or pre-algebra.
- Ability to instruct and engage students with clear communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high comfort level with online virtual tools and technology.
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser, a video camera, a reliable/stable internet connection. We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection and a noise canceling headset with microphone
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but college students are welcome to apply with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Littera is a Google company. If offered employment, you will be asked to provide, or set up, a gmail account to help ensure access to all documents and materials.
What is the process?
- Submit your application
- Complete a 2 minute video reply sharing your experience with math or algebra
- Attend a virtual mock appointment with a 5 minute tutoring demonstration
- Review and sign the Tutor Agreement, consent to and pass a background check
Optional: Tutors can travel locally one time to complete a fingerprinting process. This will enable the tutors availability and skills to be considered for states/programs that require fingerprinted tutors. In these instances, the cost of fingerprinting will be paid by Littera.
Why choose Littera?
- Work 100% remotely with a consistent schedule
- Choose your own subjects and levels in your tutor profile
- Choose your own work schedule without minimum or maximum requirements
- Substitute tutors are available should you need a day off within a scheduled session series.
- Provided lesson content materials.
- $18 per hour (for non-high school algebra sessions)
- Following the (optional) successful completion of an algebra assessment. when tutoring high school Algebra I sessions: $22 per hour
Please note, this is a remote contract position and is not full-time. This role is perfect for you if you are interested in earning supplemental income with a flexible schedule that you choose so we do not guarantee a set number of hours per week. At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring reaching students in school districts across the United States. Our high-dosage tutoring model pairs students with the same tutor for 2-3 sessions a week.
- Interested in tutoring other subjects? Join our Future Tutor Talent Community here so we can reach out when other subjects become available!