Title: Backend Software Engineer, Java (remote, based in the US)
At Gremlin, our mission is to enable every company to build more reliable software. We dedicate ourselves to building the tools, processes, and reliability signals that allow Engineering teams to work proactively, fortifying the digital infrastructure that drives the world forward.
We work with enterprises like Target, Twilio and JP Morgan Chase that are building complex, distributed SaaS applications whose success depends on uptime. If paving a new path forward at the leading edge of technology sounds exciting to you, we should talk.
About the Role of the Senior Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at Gremlin, you will have the opportunity to improve the reliability of the internet at large by developing Chaos Engineering tooling. You will be able to leverage your engineering experience to inform product design as well as solve complex technical problems that directly impact our customers (which range from the Fortune 500 to smaller organizations). You will work closely with a small, talented team focused on quality, delivery, and predictability.
In this role, youll get to:
- Work closely with Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders to design and build the latest and greatest in Chaos Engineering tooling
- Leverage strong collaboration and communication skills to deliver new features within a remote culture
- Partner with product and other business units to understand business problems and present technical solutions and tradeoffs
- Actively mentor and grow your teammates
- Care deeply about the customer experience
We’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ years professional Java software engineering experience
- Experience in Go & Systems Level Programming
- Experience in cloud technologies: e.g AWS, Lambda, Serverless. Experience with other cloud technologies like Google, Oracle also considered
- Experience in DynamoDB and/or other no-sql DB or experience in any major relational databases
- Experience in infrastructure & systems level technologies: e.g., Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShiftExperience in architecting complex distributed systems and integrating with external systems
- Strong advocate and practitioner of automated testing, CI/CD, and engineering best practices
- Has been on-call and participated in an incident management program
- Experience taking features from concept to full production release
*The role does not offer sponsorship employment benefits.
**If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every boxwere looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.*
Gremlin is a team of industry veterans and people eager to learn from one another. We set the standard for reliability and equip leading organizations with the mindset and expertise needed to drive reliability improvements that move the world forward. Were backed by top-tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and were thrilled to be a partner in their success.
What Do We Care About:
- We Care about our People
People are our critical differentiators. The company strives to treat our people with respect, empathy, and dignity. We expect that our people will treat each other similarly. In both cases, we will assume good intent. All are welcome at Gremlin. We know our differences make us stronger and that our best ideas and contributions can come from anyone at any level.
- We Care about Collaboration
Gremlin is strongest when we come together as one team with shared goals. Be the glue, not the glitter. But as a remote company, teamwork and collaboration wont happen by accident. We approach every challenge as a shared challenge. We rely on each other for diverse perspectives and creative ideas. We celebrate our wins as a team.
- We Care about Results
Be high productivity, low drama. Results matter. To keep our pace, everyone owns the outcomes of their actions and takes action when needed. We reward speed over perfection. We empower each other to iterate and experiment.You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
You are welcome at Gremlin for who you are. The more voices and ideas we have represented in our business, the more we will all flourish, contribute, and build a more reliable internet. Gremlin is a place where everyone can grow and is encouraged. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to come into work everyday. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep building a more reliable internet by building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world.
Visit our website to learn more – https://www.gremlin.com/press/about/?ref=nav