Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
The Devex Partnerships team is an integral part of the Devex news function. Through content sponsored by or created with input from our partners — leading NGOs, foundations, corporations, aid agencies and more — we help our audience better understand and advance key development issues. We do this through our events, content series, visual stories, surveys, and much more.
Do you have 3+ years’ experience devising media events, drafting concept notes, identifying and securing speakers, engaging with partners, and working with project managers to produce high-quality editorially-driven events and content? Do you have demonstrable interest or professional experience in the global development or humanitarian aid sectors? And are you excited to be a part of a mission-driven media company that has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Then read on.
You’re a highly organized, detail-oriented team player with excellent communication skills. You thrive in an environment where you own your work (but you get the support you need) and show a can-do attitude. And you always strive to create engaging and impactful content to bring about positive change.
What you’ll do here
In your first 30 days you will:
- Get to know your colleagues on the News Partnerships team and how they work
- Collaborate on an editorial event brief and work with the team to identify, select and secure speakers, and build out programming for an upcoming event
- Learn and master our internal tools and processes.
By the time you finish your first year you will have:
- Led editorial and programming on a series of standalone events and partner segments around high-profile moments including the World Health Assembly, the U.N. General Assembly, COP29, Davos and Devex World!
- Written and coordinated takeaway articles, Q&As and filmed social clips
- Developed and maintained strong relations with event partners, colleagues and freelance vendors.
- Native level of English, spoken and written
- Professional experience with media events, communications or journalism
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Ability to travel internationally 2-3 weeks per year
- Experience in the global development or humanitarian aid sectors
- Experience moderating events or conducting on-camera interviews
- Work authorization in Spain
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Professional audiovisual or social media experience
- Another language (French, Spanish or Arabic preferred)
At Devex, our vision is to do more good for more people in the global development community. We’re a media platform that connects 1+ million development professionals with news, jobs, content series, events, and funding.
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- 23 days annual leave (Spain based)
- 2 weeks of additional Devex-wide leave
- 2 YAY days — days to do something fun, then tell Devexers about it!
- 2 Learning days
- Monthly professional and wellness activities
- Other benefits might apply
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Interview with hiring manager
- Take home challenge
- Other interviews with team members
Ready to get started? Apply now!