Title: Assistant, Nurse
Assistant, Nurse in United States
What Individualized Care contributes to Cardinal Health
Clinical Operations is responsible for providing clinical specialties support and expertise in the areas of advice and consulting, research and patient care to internal business units and external customers.
Individualized Care provides care that is planned to meet the particular needs of an individual patient.
The Nurse, Individualized Care promotes high-quality patient care and treatment through patient education. With a focus on the products and treatments of a small number of pharmaceutical clients, the Nurse receives inbound calls from patients and schedules outbound calls for patients who have begun treatment with one or more of the client’s products. The Nurse educates patients on their treatments and disease states, refers patients to a variety of additional services, and reports adverse events in accordance to FDA and client requirements.
- 0-2 years of experience preferred
- BA, BS or equivalent experience in related field preferred
- LVN is required
- 2-4 years of Case Management experience is preferred
- Demonstrate effective, empathetic and professional communication
- Clear knowledge of Medicare (A, B, C, D)
- 1-2 years of experience with Prior Authorization and Appeal submissions
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent assignments
- Must communicate clearly and effectively in both a written and verbal format
- Ability to work with high volume production teams with an emphasis on quality
- Able to thrive in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Outlook, and preferred Excel capabilities
- Previous medical experience is preferred
- Deliver virtual or telephonic educational support to identified patients, caregivers, Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) and their staff to meet all relevant standards as set by the client company
- Be a champion for each patient and consented care partner(s)
- Answer inbound inquiries of patients, care partners and HCPs
- Act as primary point of contact for patients and HCPs
- Understand a patient’s support needs and interaction preferences to deliver a seamless, tailored patient experience that helps each patient complete their pathway to treatment as prescribed by their HCP
- Provide support and guidance to help ensure patients have access to the patient support program resources by compliantly navigating reimbursement, and mitigating any patient out-of-pocket barriers, as applicable
- Experience in supporting time sensitive requests and prioritization of assignments and working with a sense of urgency.
- Investigate and resolve patient/healthcare provider inquiries and concerns in a timely manner
- Work closely with patients, patient caregivers, healthcare providers. Sonexus Health reimbursement team, the manufacturer’s employees, third party vendors to clearly identify issues and provide resolution.
- Responsible for meeting the newly identified patient, patient caregivers, healthcare providers over the phone to provide education on the drug, disease process, diagnostic testing, support services provided by the manufacturer and review benefit information.
- Exhibit effective communication and tele-management skills.
- Proactive follow-up with various contacts to ensure patient access to therapy.
- Converse with callers in an empathetic manner and build rapport
- Act as patient and healthcare providers single point of contact for all inquiries
- Possess effective organizational skills, including working on multiple cases simultaneously.
- Responsible for the identification, intake, documentation, and submission of all Adverse Event Reports occurring in patients which are taking or have previously taken the manufacturer’s product.
- Submit all adverse event reports to manufacturer/third party vendor within stipulated timeframe; additionally follow up if requested to do so.
- Responsible for addressing Medical Information inquiries from consumers, healthcare providers and other entities, including but not limited to, requests for product information, inquiries about side effects, guidelines for appropriate use of the product, etc.
- Provide identification, intake, documentation, and submission of all reported Product Complaints, per the manufacturer guidelines.
- Perform other activities related to the internal initiatives and/or the manufacturer’s programs as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining HIPAA guidelines.
- Must adhere to strict guidelines regarding the protection of proprietary educational materials and product information that may be printed or available via email, websites, or other electronic means, provided by the manufacturer.
- Concurrently handle multiple outstanding issues and ensure all items are resolved in a timely manner to the satisfaction of all parties
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic concepts, principles and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Training and Work Schedules:
Your new hire training will take place 8:00am – 5:00pm CST, mandatory attendance is required.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to work Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm CST.
You will work remotely, full-time. It will require a dedicated, quiet, private, distraction free environment with access to high-speed internet. We will provide you with the computer, technology and equipment needed to successfully perform your job. You will be responsible for providing high-speed internet. Internet requirements include the following:
Maintain a secure, high-speed, broadband internet connection (DSL, Cable, or Fiber) at the remote location.Dial-up, satellite, WIFI, Cellular connections are NOT acceptable.
- Download speed of 15Mbps (megabyte per second)
- Upload speed of 5Mbps (megabyte per second)
- Ping Rate Maximum of 30ms (milliseconds)
- Hardwired to the router
- Surge protector with Network Line Protection for CAH issued equipment
Anticipated hourly range: $25.80 per hour – $36.85 per hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 03/04/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a “Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.