Affiliate Marketing Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
We are seeking an experienced Affiliate Manager to help grow and develop the affiliate channel for Insurance at NerdWallet. You will be responsible for sourcing, launching, and leading direct affiliate advertising relationships and channels from A to Z while being responsible for the P&L. You are passionate about using data to grow affiliate campaigns and comfortable negotiating strong partner terms and optimizing affiliate platforms. Being familiar with major affiliate marketing platforms, publishers, and critical metrics (CPC, CPL, CPA, etc) is your bread and butter. Finally, you have excellent communication skills with both internal and external partners. The Insurance team at NerdWallet is growing rapidly, and we are looking for someone looking to help us reach the next level!
If you were here 6 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Grew existing affiliate partnerships with an eye towards return on investment.
- Launched tens of affiliate partnerships.
- Worked with internal team members to optimize campaigns and products to build better partnerships.
- Managed marketing platforms and optimized campaign structures and ROAS.
- Traveled to industry conferences to meet partners and develop new relationships.
Where you can make an impact:
- Launching new affiliate partnerships.
- Leading existing affiliate partnerships and contract compliance.
- Working to drive creative affiliate growth initiatives.
- Managing 10s of affiliate partnerships.
- Optimizing affiliate campaigns and familiarity with affiliate marketing platforms.
- Representing NerdWallet at affiliate industry events.
- Data driven and passionate about optimizing campaigns and partnerships to increase return on investment.
- Great at maintaining relationships with partners.
- Experienced negotiator with a consistent track record of negotiating affiliate contracts.
- A go-getter that loves to find new ways to grow businesses.
- A strong collaborator that knows how to work with cross-functional team members across marketing, design, product, and engineering.
- Comfortable working with autonomy and reporting results to leadership.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re passionate about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Currently working within the affiliate marketing industry, with at least 3-5 years of experience, preferably within FinTech and Insurance-Tech.
- Managed 7 figure monthly affiliate budgets with a positive return on investment.
- Expert in identifying quality affiliate partnerships, launching, and leading campaigns.
- Experience with PPC ad platforms preferred.
- Familiar with major affiliate marketing platforms such as Hasoffers.
- Consistent track record of working on cross-functional teams.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $85,000-$138,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.