Administrative Support III
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R4265
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Administrative Support III position provides correspondence administrative support for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) performing office-oriented, clerical and coordinating functions, including answering telephones, desk staffing, data entry, regular cyclical report generation and distribution, and pre-defined task execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the integration of CNI Core Competencies into daily functions, including: commitment to integrity, knowledge / quality of work, supporting financial goals of the company, initiative / motivation, cooperation / relationships, problem analysis / discretion, accomplishing goals through organization, positive oral / written communication skills, leadership abilities, commitment to Affirmative Action, reliability / dependability, flexibility and ownership / accountability of actions taken.
- Provides daily front office support, which may include updating calendars, requesting conference rooms, scheduling meetings, as well as other daily administrative support duties.
- Answers phones for the office (using soft phone), coordinates calls from the public, and directs calls and messages as required.
- Supports meetings (including virtual meetings in Teams and/or Zoom); records, submits minutes and action items and provides briefing updates to executives.
- Assists with drafting and tracking correspondence and memorandum on behalf of the FAA.
- Uses FAA formatting and style writing guides to assure proper formatting and grammar for correspondence.
- Schedules and arranges travel for executives using Government software (E2).
- Updates branch SharePoint sites with news, documents and current data. Uses SharePoint forms as needed to make requests and tracks information by updating forms used in workflow processes.
- Assists with timesheet review and coordination for Branch Manager Approval, for the branch using CASTLE time keeping software.
- Provides backup support for other admins as needed.
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to any training made available by the company.
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize output.
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and coworkers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best of own ability.
- Analyze inbound technical information and correspondence, determining appropriate action office and assigning internal deadlines necessary for response.
- Perform analysis and substantive editorial review of correspondence bound for the division manager level and above, ensuring timeliness and quality consistent with agency requirements (GPO Style Manual, Correspondence Manual, Plain Language, etc.) and the AVS Quality Management System.
- Ensure urgent correspondence demands receive the appropriate priority and advise management when time critical deadlines will not be met.
- Work with assigned division managers, administrative staff, and technical personnel to resolve complex or controversial issues associated with division-technical information or correspondence.
- Follow up with division management as necessary to assure timely response and meeting of
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance with all applicable rules (federal, state, local, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Code of Federal Regulations, Prime Contract requirements, etc.) for themselves and the company as a whole. Fosters an environment in which they will report any violations or reasonably suspected violation of CNI policy, FAR, and/or CFR and are comfortable discussing the myriad compliance, conflict, FAR, CFR, etc. issues that arise during the performance of a government contract.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or General Education degree (GED) and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree with four (4) years of relevant experience; or Associate’s degree with five (5) years of relevant experience.
CERTIFICATES / LICENSES / REGISTRATION
- Must be able to obtain a customer clearance for access to facilities, equipment and property.
JOB SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to accuracy, detail, and quality.
- Superior time management and follow-up skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with staff at various levels.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to exercise sound judgment while working proactively and effectively with minimal supervision.
Correspondence Specialist Duties Include:
- Coordinate drafting and release of various types of correspondence through assigned division(s) and/or functional office(s) within Flight Standards Service
- Open, close, and track correspondence assignments through the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Provide support to division(s) and/or functional office(s) Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with proper formatting, obtaining signatures, and editing in accordance with FAA/AVS/AFX policies and guidance
- Focus on attention to detail for proper formatting, grammar, and punctuation in high-tempo environment.
- Utilize various Microsoft Office products and tools to complete and/or track work (Word, Excel, SharePoint, OneNote, OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Work interdependently with correspondence team, office(s), division(s), branch(s), managers, and senior executives to process correspondence in a fast-paced environment with strict timelines
- Be a well-organized and self-directed individual, with exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Regularly required to sit. Regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms to handle objects and operate tools, computer, and/or controls. Required to speak and hear. Occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Exposed to general office noise with computers printers and light traffic. May be required to wear safety and personal protective equipment. This position operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax and print machines. This position is largely sedentary; however, constant repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Seldom lifting of office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Please note that CNI is continuously and closely monitoring Executive Orders and will be following any final decisions or mandates regarding the COVID-19 Vaccination as a federal contract provider.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!