Fully Remote • Baltimore, MD • Administration & Programs
Department: Programs & Administration
Type: Full-Time, Regular
Reports To: President & Director of Programs
General Summary: For more than 60 years, The Jesuit Volunteer Corps, through solidarity and service with local communities, has fostered the formation of young people dedicated to a faith that promotes justice. the Jesuit Volunteer Corps has engaged brave young believers in vital service within poor communities, fostering the growth of leaders committed to faith in action. The global nonprofit and their network of over 12,000 Former Jesuit Volunteers support approximately 200+ Jesuit Volunteers each year as they work for justice in cities across the United States. For more information, please visit jesuitvolunteers.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: The Administrative Coordinator runs JVC’s AmeriCorps program, supporting Jesuit Volunteers (JVs) and their agency supervisors throughout the year and liaising with Notre Dame Mission Volunteers staff. The Administrative Coordinator also provides operational and administrative support to the Program Team and with the Board of Directors.
- Determines eligibility of agency positions for Notre Dame-AmeriCorps (NDA) membership by reviewing job descriptions and comparing to AmeriCorps requirements
- Provides Admissions Team with list to indicate to incoming volunteers which placements will likely be AmeriCorps eligible
- Offers AmeriCorps membership to incoming JVs based on list of eligible placements
- Determines additional AmeriCorps-eligible placements as needed to meet numbers
- Guides JVs through the enrollment process by facilitating all enrollment paperwork, processes and timelines
- Supports NDA staff in member (JV) orientation
- Notifies agency supervisors of their JV’s AmeriCorps status, instructs agency supervisors on their AmeriCorps duties
- Supports members and agency supervisors throughout the year and through NDA-specific processes
- Reviews biweekly timesheets and other paperwork
- Guides JVs through the exit process
- Liaises with NDA staff throughout the year
- Manages [ ] inbox
- Manages [ ] inbox
- Assists with booking JV travel as requested by Director of Programs
- Assists Admissions and Hurley Fund Committee with certain stages of the award process
- Schedules committee meetings ahead of board meetings as needed
- Coordinates and communicates logistics for three Board of Directors meetings per year
- Creates board packets
- Takes minutes a board meetings
General Administrative Support:
- Acts as operator for JVC’s phone system
- Supports Director of Finance and Administration with management of Microsoft 365, including managing accounts for new and departing employees, maintaining Teams groups, and managing email lists.
- Manages [ ] inbox
- Distributes employment verification letters to current volunteers
- Fields employment verification requests from outside entities for current and former volunteers
Throughout this work, the Administrative Coordinator promotes JVC’s core values – social justice, simple living, community and spirituality – in all engagement and programming.
Education and Experience
- Experience effectively working independently and as a member of a team
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
- Strong intercultural communication skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain relationships from a distance
- Commitment to social justice, solidarity, and justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives
- Openness to learning about Ignatian Spirituality and Catholic faith tradition
- Demonstrated skill in prompt and professional verbal and written communication
- Comfort with technology for virtual teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Commitment to advancing racial equity by engaging in dialogue and reflection to understand how individual, social and cultural racism manifests itself and the work we need to do individually and as an organization to be anti-racist.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual be able to:
- Exert minimal physical effort with intermittent movement going from one place to another.
- Withstand prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at a desk working with a computer.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Required to have close visual acuity to perform extensive work on the computer.
- Must have the physical ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and perform daily activities from standing/sitting for presentations to operating a computer and other office equipment.
· Comfort with Zoom environment. This is a remote position.
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000
As an organization committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion, the Jesuit Volunteer Corps encourages applications from candidates of all ages, races, classes, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, languages, and physical abilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.