Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: US National
Remote within the US
At Apartment List, we’re on a mission to find every renter a home they love at the value they deserve. Finding the right place to live is one of the most important, time-consuming and expensive decisions that all of us make. Getting it right matters. We’ve helped over 1 million families find a home they love, and we’re just getting started.
We’re hiring a stellar Administrative Assistant reporting to the Senior Manager of Executive Operations and supporting the Apartment List executive team [CEO, CFO, CRO, COO & CPTO]. This individual will be responsible for managing a variety of day-to-day administrative tasks, alongside special projects, events and initiatives. You will be supporting the executive team with scheduling, calendar & travel management, expense and invoice approval, employee gifting [to include new hires, holiday and awards], swag ordering, new hire onboarding, all company meeting production and other general administrative tasks. You will also be working with our People Operations team to deliver a world class employee experience for all Apartment List team members. You should be comfortable working with a wide variety of people – strong communication skills are essential.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable working in a remote environment with a team of dynamic people across the country. You will also need to be comfortable in a fast paced technology environment using a variety of tools like Google suite, Slack, Zoom and other collaborative forward leaning technology products.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of the team:
- Manage virtual communications, including emails, Slack, and video conferencing [Zoom or Google Meet]
- Assist in drafting and proofreading communications
- Calendar and Schedule Management:
- Manage calendars for Executives and team members, including proactive management of calendars to ensure the most efficient use of time and resources [may also include facilitating communication and coordination for external meetings or events with external partners]
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings and conferences
- Travel Coordination:
- Arrange travel itineraries, accommodations and transportation for Executives and team members
- Prepare travel expense reports
- Expenses & Invoicing:
- Manage expenses via Expensify and invoices within Bill.com across all orgs, which also includes healthcare benefits reimbursements for Executives
- Administrative Support:
- Provide general administrative support to various departments
- Assist in the coordination of special projects and events
- You will have a keen eye to deliver surprise and delight for our team. Think about all of those small moments where if the perfect company existed, those moments would be recognized and celebrated. Apartment List is on a mission to become that company!
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- High school diploma or associate degree; additional qualifications in Office Administration or related field is a plus
- Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant or in a similar role
- Proficient in Google & Microsoft Office Suite [especially Excel & Sheets]
- Strong organizational, multitasking & time management skills
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Highly proactive and responsive, with calendaring prowess that creates more time in the day
- Detail-oriented and able to track information with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
Here’s the Pay Range:
At Apartment List, we carefully consider a variety of factors to determine compensation for each position, including the role, level, and work. This is a full-time exempt position. The US target pay range for this position is $21.87/hr – $28.84/hr + equity, which reflects the compensation target for the position across all US locations. Please note, the compensation details reflect pay rate only and do not include the benefits and perks that we offer.
We also rely on market indicators along with considering your work location, job related skills, experience and relevant education and training, to determine compensation that is fair and competitive for you. Apartment List will consider paying compensation near the higher of the range in exceptional circumstances, where candidates have the experience, credentials or expertise that would warrant such consideration. It is always our goal to hire exceptional talent and we would be happy to share more about compensation during the hiring process.
Here’s what’s in it for you (full-time employees only; does not apply to contract roles):
- Competitive Compensation: Including annual salary, pre-IPO stock options, and other financial compensation (if applicable)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage: 100% of premiums covered for you AND all of your dependents
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Unlimited FTO in addition to 12 company holidays per year, quarterly recharge days, and a week-long holiday break
- Home Office Reimbursement: To cover home office furniture and supplies, monthly home internet, and monthly cell phone (if applicable)
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement: To cover monthly gym membership or other qualifying expenses
- Parental Support: Generous parental and family leave, fertility benefits, and employer-sponsored stipends towards family forming services
- 401k Plan: To support you in your individual retirement goals
- Team Events: Frequent team-building events, fun team off-sites, and bi-annual company meetups
- Commitment to DEI: To prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within our workplace and to stay true to our values and mission
- Mentorship and Training: To get you onboard quickly, learn new professional skills, and invest in your career development
- Impact and Visibility: To expose you to and provide the opportunity to work on highly strategic initiatives that will transform the business
- Encouragement and Empowerment: To explore and adopt new technologies and drive meaningful decisions and outcomes