Accounts Receivable Recovery Consultant
United States Virtual Req #279
FinThrive is advancing the healthcare economy. We rethink revenue management to pave the way for a healthcare system that ensures every transaction and patient experience is addressed holistically.
We’re making breakthroughs in technologydeveloping award-winning revenue management solutions that adapt with healthcare professionals, freeing providers and payers from complexity and inefficiency, so they can focus on doing their best work.
Our end-to-end revenue management platform delivers a smarter, smoother revenue experience that increases revenue, reduces costs, expands cash collections, and ensures regulatory compliance across the entire revenue cycle continuum.
We’ve delivered over $10 billion in net revenue and cash to more than 3,245 customers worldwide. When healthcare finance becomes effortless, the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare expand. For more information on our new vision for healthcare revenue management, visit finthrive.com
About Award-winning Culture of Customer-centricity and Reliability
At FinThrive we’re proud of our agile and committed culture, which has led to certification as a “Great Place to Work” since 2017. We’re honored to have also been ranked #21 among theBest Workplaces in Healthcarefor 2023, and we know that it’s our collective dedication that makes FinThrive an exceptional place to work.
- Find balance with our remote-friendly organization
- Take time to recharge and pursue your passions
- Be part of a positive and supportive work environment
- Grow and excel your career with training and education
Our Perks and Benefits
FinThrive is committed to continually enhancing the employee experience by actively seeking new perks and benefits.
Impact you will make
Organize and manage the daily activities for team of AR Follow-Up Representatives. The team’s primary function is to identify and validate revenue opportunities associated with insurance eligibility and coverage plans.
The Associate Lead will be responsible for selecting talent, onboarding, training and growing associates to the next level. This role will also be accountable for quality assurance, productivity metrics and the performance management of their team. They will need to develop operational expertise and possess the ability to navigate multiple patient accounting applications.
What you will do
- Maintain an adequately trained staff to handle current production goals within department. Monitor and ensure that the daily production goals and quality of work are being achieved by the staff
- Perform daily and weekly QA audits to ensure accounts are worked in accordance with client work standards and project objectives (e.g., No Activity, Aging, Cash Recovery)
- Be responsible for work flow management of the team as well as making recommendations on enhancements to processes
- Lead the talent hiring process and be responsible for successfully onboarding a team of Revenue Cycle Representatives. Create and deliver appropriate onboarding, training and development to all current and future associates
- Provide coaching and development daily through informal observation and formal monitoring. This includes monitoring telephone calls, voice and emails and conducting side-by-sides. Complete and maintain required documentation regarding performance and training/development needs. Review documentation with staff members
- Work collaboratively with leadership and other team members to confirm, challenge or provide trending and solutions
- Using data to drive insights
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with clients and convey expertise and confidence
- Communicate with both internal and external stackholders regarding data insights
- Serve as liaison between internal team and client staff, when needed, to resolve accounts
- Create client reports and invoices
- Review output of team and determines appropriate assignment of KPI targets
- Meet with each member of the team regularly to provide coaching and continuous feedback
- Responsible for proactively addressing training and skill gaps by creation of and delivery of training
- Understand cross-functional teams and looks for opportunities to enhance and integrate processes
- Integrates experience into team process and performance
What you will bring
- 3+ years of experience in AR Follow-Up and Contract/Reimbursement Analysis, including investigation of both pricing and reimbursement variances
- Detailed understanding of healthcare insurance follow-up processes and denial management, including resolving non-paid, denied, under-paid, over payments, and rejected claims
- Established understanding of HIT systems like EPIC, Cerner, Meditech, Paragon, Cirius, Zirmed or other billing systems
- Proficiency with SQL preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of healthcare contracts and fee schedules
- Coaching and development skills with the ability to organize activities for a productive team and lead effectively with time and project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research complex information, create insights, communicate recommendations and implement appropriate solutions
- Consistently demonstrates ability to be innovative, coach/lead associate’s, proactively address concerns, (business and associate) maintain departmental quality standards
- Ability to work in a team environment, with strong interpersonal, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of computers for data processing, spreadsheets and word-processing.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multitasking regulatory, technical and administrative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters relating to the position, including but not limited to performance, development needs, personnel actions and departmental objectives.
- Travel required: None
What we would like to see
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification in billing or medical coding preferred; Medicaid, Medicare, and/or Commercial billing experience required
FinThrive’s Core Values and Expectations
- Demonstrate integrity and ethics in day-to-day tasks and decision making, adhere to FinThrive’s core values of courage, authenticity, respect, excellence, and service, operates effectively in the FinThrive environment and the environment of the work group, maintain a focus on self-development and seeks out continuous feedback and learning opportunities
- Support FinThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to FinThrive’s business practices; this includes becoming familiar with FinThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or FinThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to move around the work area; sit; perform manual tasks; operate tools and other office equipment such as computer, computer peripherals and telephones; extend arms; kneel; talk and hear
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone or video calls
- Mental Demands: the employee must be able to follow directions, to get along with others, and handle stress
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standard