Accounts Receivable Lead
Fully Remote • Remote/WFH
The Accounts Receivable Lead is responsible for providing daily support to the Manager/Supervisor while also overseeing the day-to-day operations of an Accounts Receivable team as assigned. In this role, the Lead will serve as an On-the-Job Trainer to that AR team, helping team members with technical and operational guidance. The position will additionally handle PTO requests, conduct employee performance reviews, and monitor productivity metrics for the AR team and assigned customers.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate employee schedules with management to ensure appropriate staffing daily, including time off requests, flexible work arrangements, etc.
- Conduct regular employee performance reviews.
- Identify and report any staff performance issues to management.
- Provide feedback for team members’ performance appraisals to management.
- Review employee Assignments and adjust as necessary.
- Work with Senior AR Specialists to ensure adequate training is taking place
- Understand and monitor Key performance indicators including but not limited to; AR Touches per week, weekly AR balance throughput, and AR a la carte hours to budget.
- Maintain efficient workflow by holding teammates accountable for quality and efficiency.
- Communicate productivity standards to Senior AR Specialists to inform training.
- Assist team members in resolving customer issues.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies and customer queries.
- Communicate with customers professionally via phone and email.
- Participate in customer meetings as needed including but not limited to implementation calls.
- Work on daily tasks for assigned clients.
- Coordinate development and training for the AR department.
- Maintain up-to-date billing system and customer files.
- Participate and drive revenue cycle improvements by communicating trends and issues to the organization
- Generate and resubmit claims as necessary.
- Research and resolve assigned unpaid claims/denials.
- Carry out all collection activities according to specific deadlines and filing limits.
- Review and submit audits and multi-level appeals as needed.
- Backup AR specialists as needed.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Medical Billing Certificate/Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of DME accounts receivable experience.
- Extensive knowledge of DME accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of office administration and procedures.
- Proficient in relevant computer software.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Leadership skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Information management.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Sense of urgency.
- Strong customer service skills