Responsible for handling various Accounts Payable tasks such as coding invoices, settlement runs, customer service, and compiling a large volume of check requests for processing; working with other departments to ensure completeness of requests.
- Ensure that Company authorization guidelines are being followed, including proper authorization of invoices, check requests and checks.
- Ensure internal controls and system security are in place and procedures are properly followed.
- Maintain existing Accounts Payable procedures.
- Responsible for streamlining, seeking more efficient procedures, staying abreast of Accounts Payable best practices and new technologies.
- Process large volume of invoices each week.
- Process large volume of expense reports each week.
- Ensure correctness of general ledger coding on invoices.
- Ensure invoices are processed within the Workday queue daily.
- Responsible for recognizing system breaks or process issues (including potential issues), and communicating those issues to AP Supervisor.
- Root cause problems and solutioning.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable Supplier statements and/or accounts.
- Perform research for Accounting, external departments or Suppliers as needed.
- Provide customer service to executive level internal employees.
- Assist Banking team as it relates to Supplier refund checks.
- Meticulous organization of requests.
- Provide ad hoc reporting.
- Ensure expenses are properly classified (appropriate G/L classification and accounting period).
- Research Complex Supplier issues.
- Special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some Accounts Payable helpful but organizational skills, technical ability, attention to detail, communication skills and energy level are key.
- Workday knowledge a plus.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Technically savvy, working with a variety of systems (i.e., Excel, Outlook, network files, ticketing help-desk system (Workday knowledge a plus)).
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Works efficiently in paperless environment.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without a great deal of direct supervision in a remote environment.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and high tolerance level for diverse personalities.
- Ability to travel to office 1 to 2 days per month.
- Some overtime may be required.
- Requires prolonged sitting.
- Must possess sufficient eye-hand coordination/manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Required normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports and evaluations.
WORKING CONDITIONS (environment and safety):
- Work performed virtually and in-office.
- Involves frequent contact with professional staff and managed care organizations.
- Work may be stressful at times.
- Interaction with others may be frequent and often disruptive.