Accounting & Administrative Coordinator (AR/AP)
Upfeat is on a mission to be the leader in providing customers with the best deals when they are shopping online. We’re in 5 global markets by bringing together the right technical expertise and business acumen, and we’ve teamed up with 20 partner sites. We are proud to have 40 million unique users, and we’re just getting started!
We’ve built an open, collaborative remote-first environment and we love to learn and experiment with new ideas and technologies. We’re proud to appear for a second consecutive year in the Globe and Mail Report on Business of Canada’s Top Growing Companies. In addition to, being ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ program, and recognized on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
We are looking for a skilled and detail-oriented Accounting & Administrative Coordinator (AR/AP) to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing all internal accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, in addition to creating and generating reports using non-traditional methods. You will contribute to Upfeat’s accounting standards, operations and leveraging your knowledge to ensure accuracy and efficiency. The successful candidate will play a vital role in supporting decision-making processes through insightful reporting.
- Oversee the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes, including generating and tracking invoices, processing payments, and reconciling accounts.
- Prepare non-traditional reports to provide actionable insights and support decision-making, in compliance with U.S. and Canada GAAP.
- Conduct financial reconciliations and ensure accurate recording and reporting of transactions.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, and forecasts.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, patterns, and cost-saving opportunities.
- Maintain compliance with regulations and company policies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather financial data and provide support in the development of non-traditional reports, such as cost analysis, revenue forecasting, and performance metrics.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of efficient financial systems, processes, and controls, ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements in both the U.S. and Canada.
- Handle administrative tasks and assist with general office operations.
- Strong sense of ownership, the inclination for action, urgency and drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 2 years of experience in AR/AP, financial reporting, and analysis.
- Must have previous experience in a technology or startup company during a period of innovation and rapid expansion.
- Experience in identifying and implementing accounting improvements.
- Adept at analysis and data-driven thinking; you rely on quantitative and qualitative data and feedback to make well-informed decisions, recognize patterns, and formulate action plans.
- Proficiency in accounting software such as Xero.
- Ability to use automation tools that help facilitate continuous improvement.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and reporting.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills, solve ambiguous problems, and think in an innovative manner.
- Ethical mindset with the ability to handle confidential information.
- Driven to progress in your career; a lifelong learner who seeks out continuous learning opportunities
Notice for Job Applicants
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted